Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

AP Physics C students!

Michael1Michael1 Posts: 269Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2007 in High School Life
I've heard so many mixed opinions about this AP. My AP Bio teacher is convinced that I need to take AP Phys and not honors or regular, she wouldn't even sign my registration for the lower class (So I just had my Chem H teacher sign it for me). Some people say it's the most hellish class they have ever taken while others say it's a breeze. Should I take it?

My other worry is that I'll only be in calc AB next year is that too low of a math level? If I chose to take AP Phys I would have to get rid of AP Lit is this a bad choice? How much homework does an AP Phys C class get on average?

I also found it odd that many colleges will not accept AP Physics C test for credit, why is this?

I'm a pretty good math student, I don't hate math, but I don't love it either.
Post edited by Michael1 on

Replies to: AP Physics C students!

• kpalbertkpalbert Posts: 152Registered User Junior Member
    personally, i dont think that physics c is that hard. it was my first physics class in hs, so it was a little difficult at first, but i got used to it and i did well. the math doesnt get that bad, just pretty basic calculus, but it could depend on the teacher. as for hw, i dont get much. maybe 2-3 problems a night so about 30 minutes. its a fun class, but you would have to like physics and math a little to enjoy it.
  • LogosLogos Posts: 354Registered User Member
    In all probability, it is my most sincere opinion that no homework is needed. I would have just said "0," but there's a minim word limit.
  • Michael1Michael1 Posts: 269Registered User Junior Member
    So it's not as bad as many people make it sound then?
  • makshimmakshim Posts: 313Registered User Junior Member
    If you like physics you will like Physics C. But then you will get to E&M and slit your wrists.
  • sciencenerdsciencenerd Posts: 1,447Registered User Senior Member
    Wait not many colleges accept credit for the AP Physics C Exam? But isn't it like one of the best AP's? I find this hard to believe.
  • sciencenerdsciencenerd Posts: 1,447Registered User Senior Member
    Wait not many colleges accept credit for the AP Physics C Exam? But isn't it like one of the best AP's? I find this hard to believe.
  • Michael1Michael1 Posts: 269Registered User Junior Member
    ^ I know I thought the same thing that's why I was asking about it!
  • gsteingstein Posts: 1,493Registered User Senior Member
    If you like physics you will like Physics C. But then you will get to E&M and slit your wrists.

Agreed. Mechanics is cool, 2nd semester E&M is hell.

BTW, MANY colleges give credit for the AP Physics C exam. So idk who said that, but they are wrong.
  • metfanmetfan Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
    the person who said he/she gets a half hour a night probably is the exception. the class i'll be taking next year has about 2 hours a night.