Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Two Sports in College?

KodaColorKodaColor Posts: 10Registered User New Member
edited April 2007 in High School Life
im a soph in high school right now and ive been offered a couple sports scholarships..some are partial & some are full. is it too difficult to play 2 sports in college (back to back) while maintaining a good education?
Post edited by KodaColor on

Replies to: Two Sports in College?

• afrobllrchrsafrobllrchrs Posts: 102Registered User Junior Member
    Not to be a jerk but its impossible to be offered anything until your atleast a junior
  • MomofaKnightMomofaKnight Posts: 451Registered User Member
    Although it is against NCAA rules, I know for a fact that many players in my son's chosen sport have verbal agreements with D1 colleges as early as their freshman or sophomore year in college...the verbal committment is obviously not binding, but coaches and coaches reps are talking to these kids at 14,15, and 16
  • KodaColorKodaColor Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    exactly i havent been offered a slip of paper that says scholarship but a few colleges have been in contact with my coaches & me and have come down to see me play in games numerous times. they have already said that unless i get injured they will look to offer me a full scholarship.

but can any of you answer the question i presented?
  • cubsfancubsfan Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
    I do not know that it is possible at a DI school as most of their sports are nearly year round. I play what is traditionally a spring sport but at a DI school there is a fall, spring, and summer season. Would get only one month off per year around the holidays. It is definitely easy to do at a DIII school but, of course, you will not get any scholarship money.
  • KodaColorKodaColor Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    i know its getting ahead of myself but say i play a sport in which im at the college on scholarship

if i get injured do they let you finish the year off or do you have to transfer in the middle of the year?