Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

how can I make myself look older?

voltefacevolteface Posts: 101Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2010 in High School Life
I'm going off to college next year, and I look no older than a high school freshman. The main thing is that I'm really skinny and short and have a very small structure. Even when I gain weight I look skinny. I work out and play sports, but my metabolism is fast as heck.

Any ideas on how I can make myself look older? What hairstyles/haircuts typically create that effect? How about clothing?

Post edited by volteface on

Replies to: how can I make myself look older?

• ChaosTheoryChaosTheory Posts: 5,200- Senior Member
    Wear a tophat, a fake French mustache, a monacle, a tuxedo, dress shoes, a black cape, a cane, gloves [preferably white], and a fake English accent and you'll be good to go.
  • Anon_Person_1Anon_Person_1 Posts: 2,453Registered User Senior Member
    Well, you could smoke or tan, but that's long-term...

Short-term: Get a short haircut (bob length or a little longer) but sort of razored cut-this looks good on most people-people look a lot older.
    Don't wear bright colors-wear earthy tones and black. Wear big sunglasses.
  • alamodealamode Posts: 2,063Registered User Senior Member
    aw, don't make fun!
    I'm really short and slender and people always mistake me for younger. Just think about how you'll love it when you're in your 30s! lol.
    I'm guessing you're a girl right?

well I got a new haircut a while back and people have since said it makes me look older. In general, shorter hair looks more sophisticated than longer hair. I have about shoulder-length, straight really dark brown hair. I got kind of long side-swept bangs..I can give you the pic I gave to the hairstylist. they start about eye-length. I also have angled layers that frame my face. You could see it in the pic.

Also, don't dress in abercrombie-graphic-tee+jeans+sneakers. This isn't a problem with me since it's just not my style, but wearing that kind of stuff makes you look a lot younger. For jeans, try trouser cut (these are going to get popular soon...they're on the runway), skinny, or straight-leg, stay away from flared. Also, aim for dark wash jeans. Don't just wear jeans all the time though. Johnson-styled shorts look really nice...they're like woolish thick material and will look better than cotton shorts on you. For skirts, try to get A-line skirts that hit you just above the knee. This will give you some volume and is actually the most flattering type of skirt for any figure. ummm. you could do anything with tops--tees, sweaters, polos, button-ups, etc. Of course, once in whileyou just need to get in some comfy jeans and an old tee, but other, more polished clothing will make you look older. Casual dresses are also nice. You can make them look less dressy by pairing them with colored tights and flats.
    For coats get a winter peacoat and a light trench for spring/fall.
    For shoes you could wear flats as an alternative to sneakers. They're comfy and polished looking. Of course, heels are the best for our shortness, but you definitely don't want to walk around campus in heels on a daily basis. Invest in some quality heels that are COMFORTABLE.

I'm very experienced in this department. lol.
  • alamodealamode Posts: 2,063Registered User Senior Member
    http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=620&itemID=46940&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=
    Those shorts with a white tee, some jewlery, and red flats, would be a great outfit. For colder weather, just wear some black tights underneath the shorts and a bright cardigan over the tee.

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=Outerwear&product%5Fid=2036020293&Page=all
    a blazer like this over a tank with some jeans would make you look a lot older than just a tank by itself.

http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=489&itemID=46093&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=
    That dress would look adorable for the fall.

http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=450&itemID=47451&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=
    this is a cute skirt, too.
  • intel23intel23 Posts: 278Registered User Junior Member
    dont do cardio just workout, eat 300g of protein n eat all you want
  • blairtblairt Posts: 1,735Registered User Senior Member
    anthropologie.com

for inspiration; it's expensive.

stay away from sneakers, etc... maybe Jack Rogers sandals? polo shirts are your friend (stripes will make you look wider as well). knee-high boots (don't have to have a heel), pref. leather.
  • ARIandSARAHARIandSARAH Posts: 45Registered User Junior Member
    dawg
    you should totally go tanning, wear makeup, push up bras/hot clothes
    and even if you still look young, you will at least look hawt as someee
    anyway, many doors are open to you b/c now you can date up or down obviduh i mean think of the possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck girl
  • piccolojuniorpiccolojunior Posts: 2,629- Senior Member
    just frown like there's no tomorrow and get some wrinkles.
  • dieseldiesel Posts: 866Registered User Member
    do meth for a few years, it'll age you real quick
  • peachpuffpeachpuff Posts: 375Registered User Junior Member
    what the freak don't listen to diesel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!!
  • dieseldiesel Posts: 866Registered User Member
    if anyone's dumb enough to do meth so they look older, mabey they should actualy do it and be taked out of the gene pool...
  • LynxieLynxie Posts: 155Registered User Junior Member
    But we got the joy of reading:

DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!! DON'T!!!!!!!!
  • Black-Out grlBlack-Out grl Posts: 60Registered User Junior Member
    try not to care how you look.
  • intel23intel23 Posts: 278Registered User Junior Member
    i wish i could gain weight and look skinny
  • ChocolateBananaChocolateBanana Posts: 2,004Registered User Junior Member
    Wear a monocle?