Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How expensive are senior pictures?

SHS_SpartanSHS_Spartan Posts: 943Registered User Member
edited August 2007 in High School Life
How much could they be?
Post edited by SHS_Spartan on

Replies to: How expensive are senior pictures?

• kevin63138kevin63138 Posts: 545Registered User Member
    Very...Most people in my school who get them spend like 4 to 5 hundred which is insane expensive.
  • firefoxfirefox Posts: 351- Member
    as much as you want to spend on them. they could go as low as $30 and as much as $300. typically most people spend about $50~$80
  • asifkhanasifkhan Posts: 3,804Registered User Senior Member
    yeah, I'd rather say $150-600ish....
  • andreaaaaaaandreaaaaaa Posts: 7,930Registered User Senior Member
    most people at my school spend aout 250.
  • .illogic.illogic Posts: 246Registered User Junior Member
    Mine were 15 for the shoot, but I just did the standard yearbook poses.

Don't know how much the prints will run.
  • Shadow123Shadow123 Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
    One of my friends told me that the cheapest package was $95. The prices will vary from school to school obv.
  • IzzieIzzie Posts: 426Registered User Member
    I just spent $45 on prints of the yearbook shot (no sitting fee) of my son.

When I do a senior sitting, I charge $85 for the sitting fee which includes your proofs and my seniors usually buy between $100 and $250 in prints. I don't have a studio and all my sittings are on location. The high-end studios around here are $500-$600 including prints and a bound book of photos.

I took a photography class in Wisconsin and while I was there the photographer I was taking the class from had a $2200 sale of a senior. This included a 20 x 24, which I can't even imagine hanging in my house -- the whole family maybe, but not just of one kid.
  • dank08dank08 Posts: 1,768Registered User Senior Member
    Mine were free, well I had to give them a deposit but ya. I'm just going to be in the yearbook, I don't need a photo album or anything.
  • Lori1122Lori1122 Posts: 1,090Registered User Member
    depends how you go... my best friend got hers done for like 350 which inclued the studio time, beach shots, and all the prints.. package price. from some random person with a camera... ok not totally random but you get what i mean..

most kids either go to harrington or tucker around here.. i just got mine done, the session was 89 and then i had to order the pictures.. which was like 80? but i only bought like 48 wallets.. my mom was paying and i wasn't going to argue.. i mean if she's paying for all those application fees.. i know when to shut up... but there were lots of packages and stuff ranging from like 300-1000.. it can get expensive.. it just depends on what you want..
  • OptimizationOptimization Posts: 1,085. Member
    beach shots?
    What I don't get is - where do all of these pictures go? Do they include all in the yrbk, or what?

My school charges 40-80 on them depending on the number of poses you want, but I've only ever seen one pose - the one with you in your gown - in the yrbk. What's the point of the others?
  • Lori1122Lori1122 Posts: 1,090Registered User Member
    optimizaton
    beach shots?
    What I don't get is - where do all of these pictures go? Do they include all in the yrbk, or what?

My school charges 40-80 on them depending on the number of poses you want, but I've only ever seen one pose - the one with you in your gown - in the yrbk. What's the point of the others?

ya.. we buy like wallet sized photos of ourselves to pass to friends and family and stuff.. beach because thats the only thing worth seeing in my town.. lake michigan.. lol, and it's how we roll
  • anisha08anisha08 Posts: 1,438Registered User Senior Member
    The cheapest package at our school is $65.

One shot is the "yearbook shot", which goes in the yearbook. THe rest of them are just for your family and friends to have.
  • chickenboi8008chickenboi8008 Posts: 2,500Registered User Senior Member
    the cheapest package at my school was $30
    for the actual pictures, they run at about $200-$500
  • angelt841angelt841 Posts: 149Registered User Junior Member
    most people spend around $200 at my school or don't buy the pictures at all. There was a sitting fee, but you dont have to pay for your yearbook picture. The company also sells a CD with all the pics from your photo shoot for about $375

So basically, very expensive. I couldn't even think of buying a class ring...
  • nhsharvardnhsharvard Posts: 1,947Registered User Senior Member
    At my school, they're $35-40 depending on whether or not you want the cap and gown picture for yourself, too.