Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Cute way of asking girl to a dance?

omg.......omg....... Posts: 4Registered User New Member
edited July 2008 in High School Life
Anyone know of any cute ways to ask a girl to a dance?
Post edited by omg....... on

Replies to: Cute way of asking girl to a dance?

• MonoTomboMonoTombo Posts: 906Registered User Member
    Find her house, hold a sign up and wait for her to look out in the morning.
  • HisGraceFillsMeHisGraceFillsMe Posts: 4,512Registered User Senior Member
    That would kinda creep me out...

Whatever you're going to do, do it in person. Don't just shove a note into a locker or something. Most girls will appreciate the gutsiness of you actually taking time out of your day to ask her yourself.
  • MonoTomboMonoTombo Posts: 906Registered User Member
    D: fine...despite the stalking..it's cute. LIKE THE MOVIES
  • Myrmidon73Myrmidon73 Posts: 624Registered User Member
    I once left a bouquet of flowers at a girl's doorstep. It worked really well, because she wasn't expecting anything like it (and her friend was trying to set it up, so it wasn't totally creepy). What made it really good though was that I had never been to her house before, (which may sound weird, but again, this was done in conjunction with her best friend). DO NOT do it alone. it looks really creepy I think
  • HisGraceFillsMeHisGraceFillsMe Posts: 4,512Registered User Senior Member
    "LIKE THE MOVIES"

Movies lie. End of story. Most girls would find it creepy to wake up and find some guy that she wasn't super close with standing outside her house (take it from a girl, XD).
  • rusoboy23rusoboy23 Posts: 447Registered User Member
    Just straight up ask her. All those cutesy things that people suggest don't work...they'll make it look creepy like others have said.

Just strike up a convo and bring up the dance and ask her. It's really not that hard.
  • LesOsLesOs Posts: 4,545Registered User Senior Member
    "Don't just shove a note into a locker or something."
    AMEN. That's what happened to me... awkward.

I agree. Don't do something "cutesy" because it will probably just come off as extremely odd- that is, unless you know her very well/are friends with her already. If you are friends with the girl, it is a different story. You wouldn't be some random guy leaving a bouquet outside her door, you would be somebody that she knows well doing so.
  • mj93mj93 Posts: 3,601- Senior Member
    last year, every day the english teacher opened his window shades in the middle of first hour, and this boy knew this girl that had english first hour, so he taped up a sign on the window asking her to the dance. she saw it when the teacher opened the window.

she said yes, if that means anything.
  • sAxsKysAxsKy Posts: 940Registered User Member
    Heh, that is REALLY really sweet actually.
  • haru07haru07 Posts: 660Registered User Member
    Just go to her and say "Hey, there's a dance at XXXXXX, right? Could you go with me?"
  • doctordestinydoctordestiny Posts: 356Registered User Member
    Get down on one knee, take her hand, look her in the eyes, and ask "Will you... go to the dance with me?" :P
  • AznN3rdAznN3rd Posts: 1,292Registered User Senior Member
    ^^ Then she will be forced to say yes and end up having a lousy time at the dance.
  • phurley93phurley93 Posts: 200Registered User Junior Member
    hahaha i know this kid who was having a study group with a girl and made practice tests for everyone and on hers one of the questions asked her to prom.

everyone laughed a lot, and then she said yes
  • ArmandoArmando Posts: 867- Member
    Nice guys finish last.

Just flirt around with the idea of the dance and just ask if your chances seem good or she starts hinting for you to do it.

:P
  • princessbellprincessbell Posts: 2,079Registered User Senior Member
    ^^^That's cute...and nerdy...but cute :)