Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How to get rid of senioritis?

lilypuppylilypuppy Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2008 in High School Life
Help everyone please! I'm desperately trying to get rid of my general lethargy and lack of spirit during my last four months of high school... a.k.a. senioritis. I know lots of people are going to say "embrace it" and "just face it" but I really want to keep up my grades... I have a good shot at the sal spot and don't want to get rid of it... Please just anyone, just tell me what I can do!

Thanks,
~lilypuppy~
Post edited by lilypuppy on

Replies to: How to get rid of senioritis?

• WoswillWoswill Posts: 153Registered User Junior Member
    Theres nothing we can do.. except promote senioritis

Sorry
  • RacinReaverRacinReaver Posts: 6,598Registered User Senior Member
    Well, if you enjoy learning for the sake of learning, then you should just remember why you're taking the classes you are.

If you're getting good grades because you want to feel better than everyone else, then use that as motivation.
  • the_almostthe_almost Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
    Try thinking about what may happen if you give up concentration and caring. For example, if you don't keep up your grades, you might lose the spot your aiming for, or maybe even colleges will revoke your admissions? I don't know, like someone else said, best thing to do is to remind yourself why your taking the classes you are and why you should care in the first place.
  • Pistolen08Pistolen08 Posts: 684- Member
    because you want a 5 on your AP exams?
  • CanuckerCanucker Posts: 150Registered User Junior Member
    I wish I knew how to "cure" senioritis, but alas, I'm mortally afflicted :(
    Which is very bad =P
  • fa-la-la-lenafa-la-la-lena Posts: 2,844Registered User Senior Member
    lilypuppy, get and stay off CC for starters :P
  • chickenboi8008chickenboi8008 Posts: 2,500Registered User Senior Member
    u cant get rid of it untill after u graduate... if u do xD
  • TwirlonwaterTwirlonwater Posts: 200Registered User Junior Member
    I am actually going to almost prevent it next year. I am studying abroad in the fall and having a three week break after I come back. Therefore, my school, school year won't really start to almost Feb. That is what I am doing to prevent it.

Just remind yourself of the fact you love school and work with it. You are in the home stretch. Give it everything you got, because when you are done...you are done!
  • altectechaltectech Posts: 45Registered User Junior Member
    1.) Fail your next test and/or quiz by making up funny answers for all the questions.

2.) Realize you are now failing the class or getting close to failing, and work really hard for the rest of the quarter/semester so that you don't fail and to bring your grade back up to an A.

3.) Graduate and get the HELL out of high school.
  • altectechaltectech Posts: 45Registered User Junior Member
    I did this by the way... and it IS working so far... I already got my recs from the teacher so I don't give a **** about what he thinks now. Though I'm sure he had a few laughs reading some answers.
  • asdfjkl1asdfjkl1 Posts: 1,950Registered User Senior Member
    You can't. It's contagious and it worsens as it gets closer to June.

You can try to tell yourself, "Just three more months til deposit is in." But the problem with that is that the third MP by itself isn't sent to colleges. So, it kind of kills the motivational factor.

You can also spend every waking moment on facebook (or in the second semester senior group on it.) And, you can calculate the lowest grade you can get without failing! Oh, and have tons of absences!
  • lilypuppylilypuppy Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks guys...
    I just need to remind myself that the reason I took all those hard classes all these years was NOT to blow it off my last year. Like Twirlonwater said, "home stretch." I can do it, and so can all of you guys! Quit senioritis, buckle down, and ride the roller coaster to the end of its course!

~Lilypuppy~
  • Lori1122Lori1122 Posts: 1,090Registered User Member
    not possible once you've been infected
  • enderkinenderkin Posts: 1,667Registered User Senior Member
    he who discovers the cure will be a millionaire...
  • gator1089gator1089 Posts: 117Registered User Junior Member
    dropping out is the only way