Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Toyota Community Scholars

EKSEKS Posts: 117Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2008 in High School Life
I'm a semifinalist so I wanted to know what other semifinalists are using as their community service project. please!
Post edited by EKS on

Replies to: Toyota Community Scholars

• MarimareMarimare Posts: 523Registered User Member
    Lol. Toyota's attempt to assimilate into American society.
  • EKSEKS Posts: 117Registered User Junior Member
    Did I post this in the correct section?
  • lulumobilelulumobile Posts: 408Registered User Member
    eks, just wonderin: what are your test scores, grades, etc.--im apply for that next year.
  • lulumobilelulumobile Posts: 408Registered User Member
    *applying...
  • gulfcoaststgulfcoastst Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    I'm a semi finalist as well. I am pretty excited about it too. I have been doing research online just to see what people think about it. Looks like everyone has a great time when they go; one guy even met his wife! I really would love to get it and I was shocked at the idea that there are 1000 semi finalist. If that is true then I guess those aren't bad odds at all.
    My grades are all A's weighted. Unweighted I have made a couple of high B's in AP classes. I had one of the top 4 GPAs in my class. I founded a bunch of different clubs and got all of the awards at my school. I switched schools my senior year and I have started 3 or 4 service projects alone this year. Best of luck to everyone!!!

P.S. I too would like to know about fellow scholars.
  • blondie888blondie888 Posts: 292Registered User Junior Member
    did you guys send in everything together in one big envelope or did you send in the recommendations separately from the questionaire?
  • chalkedchalked Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    Hi, I'm also a semifinalist. Where did you get your information about the 1,000 selected semifinalists? I get pretty hyped on numbers when I'm gauging my probability of receiving this award. I'm in the southeast region, from Birmingham, AL. Where are all you from?