Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Interview for Abercrombie and Fitch- what to wear?

PatsygirlPatsygirl Posts: 170Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2008 in High School Life
I know a lot of you on this site aren't into Abercrombie and fitch :), but I got scouted for them yesterday completely out of the blue. I was waiting for my friendsd to come out of the dressing room when a girl came up to me and asked if i was interested in a part time job. Of course I was (I've been looking for a job forever), and so now i have an interview on tuesday. Problem is, I don't actually have any af clothing- I only go in there when im with my friend! Do u guys think a nice pair of jeans, white flip flops, a white tee and a navy old navy polo will be okay? If not, what should I wear? I don't need rants on the horribleness of af- i need a job and af has one :) Thanks!!
Post edited by Patsygirl on

Replies to: Interview for Abercrombie and Fitch- what to wear?

• Anon_Person_1Anon_Person_1 Posts: 2,453Registered User Senior Member
    one of my friend's sisters worked at af...she got scouted too, didn't really have more than 1 full outfit of their clothles. they basically told her to wear it every time though, so you should probably just borrow from your friend before you have your own af stuff
  • proletariat2proletariat2 Posts: 3,519Registered User Senior Member
    Instead of flip-flops, I would suggest wearing some kind of closed-toe shoe. Flip-flops are too informal.
  • PatsygirlPatsygirl Posts: 170Registered User Junior Member
    my friend's a guy... :(
    That would complicate the idea of borrowing clothes slightly...
  • AeroEngineer3141AeroEngineer3141 Posts: 3,607Registered User Senior Member
    Better start shopping at AF :(. Assuming you're hired, you'll need outfits for every time you go to work.

Don't wear another brand name.
  • PatsygirlPatsygirl Posts: 170Registered User Junior Member
    yeah... unless they really enjoy the whole 'morning after' look but somehow i doubt it :)
  • azsxdcazsxdc Posts: 832Registered User Member
    Hollister. :P
  • jsmalljsmall Posts: 737Registered User Member
    I'm just curious, but if an empoyee sees a person who looks like an abercrombie model, do they just walk up to them and ask them if they want a job? Wierd.
  • tennisboy1005tennisboy1005 Posts: 277Registered User Junior Member
    i wouldnt want to work there. my friend works there and gets minimum wage. there are a lot better jobs out there for high schoolers that pay more and are more rewarding
  • AeroEngineer3141AeroEngineer3141 Posts: 3,607Registered User Senior Member
    Their very random and spontaneous aren't they.
  • grade inflati0ngrade inflati0n Posts: 961- Member
    love preppy clothes; uh...wear their clothing?? can't u go and buy something like a tshirt at least?
  • imaparasiteimaparasite Posts: 321- Junior Member
    Yeah, just buy an outfit from AF or Hollister or at least don't wear logos from competing companies. If I were you I'd wear khaki pants and an AF sweater. Don't wear flip flops or tennis shoes.
  • alamodealamode Posts: 2,063Registered User Senior Member
    you've gotta wear their clothing. maybe they'd not care as much during an interview but when you work they force you to. they like the casual look but flip flops mite bee too casual, try flats.
    dress simple and nice-casual, and if you can't get any of their clothing before the interview, at least don't wear something from a competing store (i.e. AE)
    love preppy clothes

Abercrombie isn't really preppy.
  • dank08dank08 Posts: 1,768Registered User Senior Member
    You'll probably lose more money buying their clothes for work then you'd ever make.