Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Best Precalculus textbook/What Precalc do you use?

shoreshore Posts: 571Registered User Member
edited June 2008 in High School Life
I'm going to be doing AP BC Calc this year at Andover but I'm looking to solidify my Precalculus (seems unusual I understand) but the dilemma for me is that i come from Australia where maths is integrated. ie. We don't just do Algebra for one year and then Geometry the next and so on. We do a little bit of everything every year. So it means I can cope and do well in Calculus but it also means I've missed out on the hardest topics of Precalculus as I was meant to take them in later years at Australia. So I was wondering if anyone knows a really good precalculus textbook I can use to brush up on the hardest stuff in Precalc before I go to Andover and BC Calc.

I know some of you will say just to do the Precalc at Andover but the thing is I already know all/most the stuff in AB Calc thats not in PreCalc and I think I can cope/do well in BC Calc if I just brush up on my Precalc and with it being summer and all, I have the time to do so.

So thanks heaps for a quick reply!
Post edited by shore on

Replies to: Best Precalculus textbook/What Precalc do you use?