Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Help: What to Wear Under Boardshorts...

deliciousgeekdeliciousgeek Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
edited January 2011 in High School Life
I know this is REALLY of topic and even a lttle out of season, but what, if anything, do most guys wear under boardshorts? I got my first pair not long ago, and I went to to an indoor swim party commando. To my embarrassment, I was partially exposed the whole time cuz they were kinda loose and sagging...Any suggestions?
Post edited by deliciousgeek on

Replies to: Help: What to Wear Under Boardshorts...

• slipstream99slipstream99 Posts: 1,930Registered User Senior Member
    you can either go commando or wear boxers underneath boardshorts
  • Dima343Dima343 Posts: 2,211Registered User Senior Member
    What are boardshorts?
  • sarorahsarorah Posts: 5,767- Senior Member
    These are boardshorts.
  • deliciousgeekdeliciousgeek Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
    hey what about tighty-whities- do people ever wear these under or just boxers?
  • duckoftheyearduckoftheyear Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    Sometimes I wear briefs or boxer briefs- they give a little more support. Usually, i don't wear white though because they go see-thru
  • spydertennisspydertennis Posts: 633- Member
    boxers only, dont go commando thats just nasty dude
    Isn't that like swimwear though? That's what it looks like from the photo.

Sorry, I don't do American. I'm an immigrant so I am not a clothing (or especially clothing name) expert, so I apologize if I sound stupid.
  • spydertennisspydertennis Posts: 633- Member
    It's not like swimwear, it looks like it but it doesn't have the net that swimming trunks do. Thats why you need to wear boxers.
  • Superior Child24Superior Child24 Posts: 2,039Registered User Member
    Boxers are always the way to go.
  • NoFXNoFX Posts: 3,784Registered User Senior Member
    my friends wear nothing underneath..
  • twistedsistwistedsis Posts: 127Registered User Junior Member
    boardshorts when actually used for surfing are to be used commando - any inner lining or elastic causes irritating friction. Note that some board shorts are not really board shorts at all because they have a mesh lining.

If used as casual wear - please wear some type of undies of your choosing!
    hey, I just realized I own boardshorts (can't really think about summerwear in NYC in April). I usually use them as swimwear actually and go commando but when I wear them casually (usually to play sports or something), I'll wear boxers underneath.
  • sarorahsarorah Posts: 5,767- Senior Member
    Are you like this guy and wear your boardshorts with nothing else? Hmm. Maybe while playing sports or swimming right?
  • dreamingdreaming Posts: 563Registered User Member
    if you do surf listen to twistedsis
    and if you dont, please dont wear them. :P
  • slipstream99slipstream99 Posts: 1,930Registered User Senior Member
    coming from a person who goes to school across the street from the beach, like i said earlier you can wear them either way. no one (at least where i live) freaks out if you do or don't wear something underneath. it's just personal preference.