Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

which ear to pierce?

rohinrohin Posts: 195Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2008 in High School Life
hey guys,
im a guy, and in my religion, i need to pierce one of my ears. when i told my friends, one guy told me not to pierce the wrong side, or that shows ppl im gay. i am not gay, so which side should i pierce? i had no idea something like this existed, and if it does, i don't want ppl to think im gay!

thanks
Post edited by rohin on

Replies to: which ear to pierce?

• catsushicatsushi Posts: 1,970Registered User Senior Member
    I believe if you pierce your right ear it means you are gay. My friend is Scottish and has his left ear pierced for that reason (??) so I'm pretty sure that's right. I wouldn't go dashing off to pierce your right ear, though, without some more input.

The whole left ear versus right ear pierced thing is ridiculous, haha.
  • rohinrohin Posts: 195Registered User Junior Member
    does getting your ears pierced hurt? (ok ill admit it, im a tiny bit nervous)

any confirmations on getting left ear pierced over right?
    wat do u think would look better?
    earring studs on just left ear, or both ears?
  • vin09vin09 Posts: 434Registered User Member
    -left ear-
  • hpa10hpa10 Posts: 1,906Registered User Senior Member
    lol. umm i have never heard about the gay thing but just to be safe, go ahead and pierce the left one
  • jazzkingrtjazzkingrt Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
    I've only heard about it once before. I pretty sure that it's the right ear that is supposedly making you gay, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • InvoyableInvoyable Posts: 3,582Registered User Senior Member
    Left. But really just for the sake of it, if you're gonna go with a random one.
  • adamonkey2adamonkey2 Posts: 398Registered User Member
    right is 100% the gay one
    pierce the left one if you're really that homophobic.
  • technol21technol21 Posts: 917Registered User Member
    does getting your ears pierced hurt? (ok ill admit it, im a tiny bit nervous)

Not a bit. It's just like a little pinch. Most guys I know have both ears pierced nowadays though.
  • catsushicatsushi Posts: 1,970Registered User Senior Member
    Yup, I have it confirmed from my friend. The left is the one you want to pierce.
    ok cool guys thanks! im gonna pierce my left ear and put a diamond stud in it!

thanks!
  • InvoyableInvoyable Posts: 3,582Registered User Senior Member
    Lmao! Good luck.
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Posts: 21,901Registered User Senior Member
    Omg, the whole right-ear gay piercing is so over. NOBODY actually thinks that any more. I'd say pierce what ever ear is opposite of your dominant hand (ie if you're a righty, pierce the left) because it makes the earrings easier to put in, especially if you're going to gauge at all.
  • atrophicwhisperatrophicwhisper Posts: 1,744Registered User Senior Member
    ^ I agree.
  • piccolojuniorpiccolojunior Posts: 2,629- Senior Member
    middle ear, if it exists