Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How much can GPA go up

mrdude108mrdude108 Posts: 143Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2008 in High School Life
In one year, I have 3 classes per trimester and it is my senior year, I have all a's with one B so far. How much can it go up?
Post edited by mrdude108 on

Replies to: How much can GPA go up

• swimcatsmomswimcatsmom Posts: 15,029Registered User Senior Member
    Do the math. If you are on a 4 point system then multiply your classes with As by 4 and your B classes by 3, add the results and divide by the then divide by the total number of classes.

For instance if you had 27 classes through the end of junior year one of which was a B and the others As then your GPA at the end of junior year would be 3.96 (26 x 4 = 104, 1 x 3 = 3. 3+104 = 107. 107/27 = 3.96)

if you have 9 classes your senior year then your GPA would be 3.97
    (36 classes - 35 x 4 = 144, 1 x 3 = 3, 3+144 = 147. 147/36 = 3.97)

If your grades are not on a 4 point scale or if there is weighting for AP classes then you would have to take that into account.
  • LMU10LMU10 Posts: 869Registered User Member
    There are so many different systems and we don't know how many classes you've taken, if you've taken less, extra, etc.
  • mrdude108mrdude108 Posts: 143Registered User Junior Member
    What kind of information do you need? My GPA total is 2.6, without my senior year.
  • INVENIAMVIAMINVENIAMVIAM Posts: 3,790Registered User Senior Member
    We need to know how many total classes you've taken throughout high school, excluding senior year. Swimcatsmom thought that you meant that you've had all A's with one B throughout high school, but I take it that you mean for this year?