Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

student gov't election speech -- secretary

fire2006fire2006 Posts: 244Registered User Junior Member
edited May 2005 in High School Life
what should a good secretary speech contain? does anyone have any examples?
Post edited by fire2006 on

Replies to: student gov't election speech -- secretary

• TamiTami Posts: 548Registered User Member
    Write what you mean, write things and share ideas which you can hold your word up to, cut out the "I think I'm a good secretary because..." crap, no one really cares about that. Most importantly, talk more on terms of if you were to be a secretary, what your plans would be to bring your ideas into enhancing STUGO, etc.
  • fire2006fire2006 Posts: 244Registered User Junior Member
    bummmpp!!!!
  • filmxoxo17filmxoxo17 Posts: 2,625Registered User Senior Member
    humor goes a long way. if you write a serious speech sprinkled with smart humor, people will like it. unless you're not funny, in which case you should probably keep away from the jokes.
  • IcicleRose88IcicleRose88 Posts: 707Registered User Member
    start with an ancient chinese proverb. it goes something like "it's easy to find a thousand warriors, but to find a general, ahh, that's the real challenge" and then at the end say "make me your general!" and bow. this is what i've suggested to friends and people say they like this speech.