Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Holy Crap, Senioritis!

simpson98simpson98 Posts: 749Registered User Member
edited January 2009 in High School Life
I've been hit hard with this horrible affliction, anyone else?

I have been just about a straight-A student for all of my high-school and middle-school years. I always gotten things in on time, and put lots of effort into papers and projects.

I tried hard to resist the tide of senioritis, my first quarter grades really weren't all that bad, but in November I got accepted into my first choice school, and things kind of went down hill. I'm looking at possibly getting my first C ever, which in reality isn't really all that horrible, but it's still frightening!

I'm hoping that I can get back to my old, hard-working self come next September, but has anyone else gone through this?
Post edited by simpson98 on

Replies to: Holy Crap, Senioritis!

• guitarman89guitarman89 Posts: 771Registered User Member
    Yeah I know how you feel. I can't force myself to do anything I don't want to do now that I'm into college. As of now I'm the valedictorian of my class, but with the way I'm treating my studies I doubt it'll end that way.

I'll get re-motivated in September when it matters again.
  • GiggitusMaximusGiggitusMaximus Posts: 1,633- Member
    I'm not doing too bad, but that's because I'm only taking 5 classes+TA. My semester grades will probably be:
    AP Chem- A
    AP Bio- B-
    APELC- A
    COLLEGE NOW Precalc- A- or B+ (depends on final)
    French 2- can be anywhere from a B to an A
    TA- Pass
  • ThisCouldBeHeavnThisCouldBeHeavn Posts: 16,060- Senior Member
    I thought senioritis was a joke

I guess I'm still laughing though
  • iwasjustwonderiniwasjustwonderin Posts: 79Registered User Junior Member
    Yes
    all I can think about is going to college