Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How to find jobs?

manateemanatee Posts: 473Registered User Junior Member
edited May 2009 in High School Life
I want to find a summer job (at fast food restaurants or whatever). So how do you do it? How do I know where's hiring?
Post edited by manatee on

Replies to: How to find jobs?

• AeroEngineer3141AeroEngineer3141 Posts: 3,607Registered User Senior Member
    You find a job by actually getting out there and actively looking for one.

Craigslist, phone calls, emails, manager meetings, word of mouth.
  • chronicfuture12chronicfuture12 Posts: 1,538- Member
    Jobs are extremely hard to come by this year. I have a ton of job/volunteer experience, and I haven't found one available yet.
  • raideraderaiderade Posts: 2,499- Senior Member
    I've never found a job by looking for help wanted signs or going in and getting an application, I've only worked for family friends or their mutual friends. For example, my swim coach runs a health club, so I asked if he was looking for a job. I started out answering phones and then was able to teach swimming lessons. Don't let jobs come to you, ask anyone you know. Does your friend's mom or dad need a part time secretary? Does your math teacher know somebody who needs an extra hand at the office? I've never had trouble getting a job this way.
  • manateemanatee Posts: 473Registered User Junior Member
    You find a job by actually getting out there and actively looking for one.

That's the problem. I don't exactly know how to actively looking for one. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to look for "help needed" signs on the streets or something.

Thanks raiderade. I will talk to couple friends.

Anyone else here has a job and want to share how to find one? :)