Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

I failed my road test...twice

sak09sak09 Posts: 1,151Registered User Senior Member
edited August 2009 in High School Life
I feel like an idiot. I should have already gotten my license a while ago, but I prolonged it. Then I had a road test on June 1st, which I failed for pre-driving checks. I didn't even get to drive that time. Then today, I had another one. I was SO CLOSE to passing, but when I backed up after parking, I went crooked instead of in a straight line. Yeah, my fault. The thing is, I am a good driver. I drive all the time to stores, school, the mall, etc. I just freak out when they're in there with me I guess. I have another one in two weeks. If I don't pass it then, I swear I will jump off a bridge. It's all just been silly mistakes and not the actual "i dont know how to drive".

alfjdlkfjdls';j Make me feel better?
Post edited by sak09 on

Replies to: I failed my road test...twice

• PhilsophydudePhilsophydude Posts: 429Registered User Junior Member
    Spongebob fails his driving exam on a regular basis. lol.
  • generallyronggenerallyrong Posts: 1,315Registered User Member
    Teh road is no place for silly mistakes.
  • MzrakMzrak Posts: 231Registered User Junior Member
    A Korean lady has failed her test over 750 times... and she keeps on trying.
  • sapphire_oceansapphire_ocean Posts: 942Registered User Member
    im 18 and only have my permit which will expire in aug. so because i went on a curb and nudged a fence[my mom grabbed the wheel] no one will take me to practice.
  • sak09sak09 Posts: 1,151Registered User Senior Member
    ^Aw, I'm sorry. Maybe you should just get instructions from a driving school instead since no one will teach you?

I made the mistake of not taking lessons from a professional school. My dad taught me. He's a good driver and all, but I think the professinal people tell you EXACTLY what you need to know. It makes a difference I think.
  • sapphire_oceansapphire_ocean Posts: 942Registered User Member
    yeah, money is a problem, but hey did i make you feel better?
    lol
  • sg12sg12 Posts: 677Registered User Member
    Wow sucks for both of you. For my driving test, all I had to do was drive a little on the freeway, and all of a sudden the guy told me that I had passed my test :)
  • meadow36meadow36 Posts: 5,620Registered User Senior Member
    Imagine failing the written part :/
  • AUGirlAUGirl Posts: 2,815Registered User Senior Member
    If you're 15 or 16 in SC, you have to take driver's ed to get your license.

I passed the first time. June 1. My permit expired on June 4. XD

But yeah... my driving teacher took me through the EXACT course that they take you through on the test. He told me where I needed to slow down and everything. I practiced on that course ...at least fifteen times and did parallel parking and backing up millions of times.

I had a lot of trouble with my back up, but finally I figured out how to pick a spot to stay straight.
  • yellowismellowyellowismellow Posts: 246Registered User Junior Member
    take it with a private company. the guy will be more apt to "look the other way" if you slighly brush against the curb or anything.
  • bigwill11205bigwill11205 Posts: 719Registered User Member
    I failed my driving test the first time, because I went in the grass on a turn. However, I passed the second time. My test was 35 minutes long, though, and I was nervous for the entire 35 minutes.
  • JacquesPierreJacquesPierre Posts: 64Registered User Junior Member
    I remember I went out of my lane a few times, yet I still passed. no parallel parking or anything. lol.

Yeah, take it with a private company.
  • AUGirlAUGirl Posts: 2,815Registered User Senior Member
    take it with a private company. the guy will be more apt to "look the other way" if you slighly brush against the curb or anything.

In SC, where I live, you can only take the test from the SCDMV. Aren't most states like that?
  • zapzap Posts: 489- Member
    I didn't even do the road test. =)

My instructor was so lax. We finished a day early and said the practice run could count as the test lol.
  • coollegecoollege Posts: 963Registered User Member
    Yeah, Ohio you take it with the DMV, and it is only like 5-10 minutes long. I'm taking it soon and I plan on taking it in at the East Cleveland location. People tell me they pass everyone there and keep the test short because they are afraid of car jackings, lol.