Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Calculus not offered at school

GSunTLAGSunTLA Posts: 110Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2005 in High School Life
Where can I take calculus? besides local CC or university? (I can't commute)

Will it look bad if I don't take it? (I'm not planning on majoring in anything like engineering or areas heavy in maths.)

Thanks.
Post edited by GSunTLA on

Replies to: Calculus not offered at school

• texas137texas137 Posts: 2,143Registered User Senior Member
    Many more people take calculus in college than in high school, so don't worry too much about it, especially if it has nothing to do with your likely major anyway. If you wanted to take it before college, there are distance learning programs.
  • x___infatuationx___infatuation Posts: 320Registered User Junior Member
    There are online courses that you can take for credit.
  • KnavishKnavish Posts: 835Registered User Member
    Buy the PR Calc. AB and BC book, study it, and have your school order the tests.

I'm serious--the book is that good. I read it in a couple weeks over the summer and slept through class.
  • ExRunnerExRunner Posts: 731Registered User Member
    Can anyoen verify what Knavish says? I'm not in as quite a difficult situation as GSun, but I'm taking a calc AB class, but I want to take the BC test, so I'd like to get a head start on the material.
  • elladorkesselladorkess Posts: 238Registered User Junior Member
    If you're not majoring in engineering or any other math-based major, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's still really good to have though, just in case.
    Take the AP test if you want; it can't hurt... just study from some prep books, and check out some books used at uni level calc.
    My school doesn't offer AP Calc, just regular calc.. and for students who skipped a year or more, they send us to UCSD for a calc class.