College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
So I'm eligible to win a scholarship from a fairly popular website. (I'm not mentioning the name because CC does not allow us to mention it). The name is the not important, but the concept is that I need to get people to vote for me. This is harder said than done.
Here's what I already tried:
- Created a Facebook group and invited all my FB friends.
- Messaged the 450+ members of another FB group I made.
Here are some ideas I have:
- Ask the principal to send an email to students and parents. (I don't really know the principal, so I'm not gonna do this right away).
- Ask the person at school in charge of alumni to send an email to them. I think this would help a lot, but I don't know the person either.
- Ask my AP Comp Sci teacher to let people vote for me during class. He has two Comp Sci classes and that would be about 35 votes. This would definitely work out.
Does anyone have any success stories with this kind of thing or any tips to share?
EDIT: I know it's not allowed, so I'm not going to link to the voting page.