Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What does the secretary of a high school club do for the club?

OoovooOOoovooO Posts: 420Registered User Member
edited March 2010 in High School Life
I'm planning on running for secretary of a club I recently joined but really enjoy being a part in. I have to write an essay about what I hope to accomplish as the secretary, but I don't really know what their job is or how they contribute to the group.
Post edited by OoovooO on

Replies to: What does the secretary of a high school club do for the club?

• sqdwfe13sqdwfe13 Posts: 1,261Registered User Member
    I guess you would record stuff, like attendance of members, what went on in the meeting, etc.
  • lullababylullababy Posts: 839Registered User Member
    Generally the secretary has permanent records of everything. Like the above person said, attendance, and what went on in the meeting. Some big clubs require you to have a formal outline of what went on at the meetings and stuff (like Key Club, I know) if they want awards or whatever.

For me, as I am secretary of 2 clubs, I have to record every member and their information from applications (such as student ID, e-mail, phone number, grade), and since one of my clubs require community service hours, I record that as well.
    For my other club that doesn't, I just basically record everything but community service hours and turned in permission slips because our club has field trips & conferences.
  • BeautifulnightsBeautifulnights Posts: 648Registered User Member
    keep everything very organized