Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

My parents think I'm stupid because I did bad on the SAT

ntktopntktop Posts: 91- New Member
edited March 2010 in High School Life
My parents think I'm stupid because I only got a 1950 on the SAT. I did alright on the math and writing sections (high 600's) but I messed up on the reading section with a 580. And because my parents compared my scores with my other friends who got 2200+, they are calling me stupid. And now apparently my grandfather was told as well and he's even complaining about my score saying how stupid I am because I can't pass a "simple" test according to him.

This is so annoying, and I'm Asian which makes it even worse. And it's like my parents aren't even confident in my intelligence. First they think I'm dumb, and then after their friends come over and see some of my work (I build web applications) they say I'm really smart. And only then do my parents say that I'm smart and praise me. It's so god-damn annoying.

/rant
Post edited by ntktop on

Replies to: My parents think I'm stupid because I did bad on the SAT