Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

2010 aime i

stix2400stix2400 Registered User Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
edited March 2010 in High School Life
Don't worry, I won't be posting any actual questions or answers so I don't think there's a need to close this thread (feel free to contact me if I'm wrong :) )

Im not sure how many people on here took it, but I figured I'd start a thread anyway. Overall, I thought it was pretty managable. About average (unlike the AMCs this year). If someone has the answers, please PM me (don't worry, I can give you the questions so you know Im not trying to cheat).

What did you think?
Post edited by stix2400 on

Replies to: 2010 aime i

• AristocratAristocrat Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    This one was substantially easier than last year's (at least from a first impression). I have transcribed all of the problems in my blog and they will become visible after the testing period ends.

AMC 12 = WTH. In all three years that I took it I scored a 97.5, 102, and 97.5. My AIME scores were something like 7 and ~10 for the first two years. When I see those people who get 144s on the AMC 12 and then score a 2 on the AIME, I'm just like ..."HOW THE EFF did you manage that?". The AMC 12 is way, way harder than the AIME, especially the last ~8 questions. I just barely managed to qualify for all three years XD.

Oh well, hope it turned out well for everyone who took it already :).
  • stix2400stix2400 Registered User Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    I thought last years was a little bit easier than this years. more or less, they were about the same.

Im totally with you on the AMC12 being crazy. I can't work well under time pressure, so i barely qualified as well.
    stix, your private message box is full so I am unable to reply. Perhaps clean out some of the older exchanges? :)
  • crazypianist1116crazypianist1116 Registered User Posts: 299 Junior Member
    I thought it was alright. Maybe got a 7, possibly 8. Feel free to pm me answers.
  • shph119shph119 - Posts: 149 Junior Member
    lol the weird thing is, in my opinion, it started off easy, then got really hard, then got easy again... the last few questions were a lot easier than i expected.
    One quick question: when is the AIME testing period actually over? I set my post to become visible at 12:00 AM EST March 17, but I'm certain that most people have stopped taking the AIME before then. I want to start a discussion as soon as permissible.
    You're supposed to have finished the test by 12:00p.m. In Hawaii, that'll be one hour and 6 minutes from now. If you can't take at that time period, you have to sign an academic integrity form.
    Just realized I thought number 1 said at least instead of exactly. My score just dropped another point...
    NOTE TO SELF: 201 is factorable. 201 is factorable. 201 is factorable.
  • ollegerolleger Registered User Posts: 1,567 Senior Member
    ^ lol?
    See it's these silly mistakes that cost me at least 3 points. Damn.
  • ollegerolleger Registered User Posts: 1,567 Senior Member
    ^ Samesies. Had a 6 in the bag. Now looking at a 3. = /
  • stix2400stix2400 Registered User Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    99*9 is NOT 881.

:(
  • HYPhoperHYPhoper Registered User Posts: 409 Member
    I should get a 4 or 5...

Not bad IMO :s
    IMO? Where?
This discussion has been closed.