Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

You're into college! And now..?

WhomovedmycheeseWhomovedmycheese Posts: 131Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2010 in High School Life
...going to start that research project up on quantum electrodynamics? Maybe toss around a few ideas for your start-up business that donates all proceeds to struggling Ugandan villages?
I for one am watching Animal House for the third time this Friday. It is such a relief! Just have to finish out Senior year for practical purposes...
Post edited by Whomovedmycheese on

Replies to: You're into college! And now..?

• leafblade1354leafblade1354 Posts: 3,117Registered User Senior Member
    I know, the only point of sticking around now is to get that shiny piece of paper and remain out of trouble with the law. :rolleyes:
  • WhomovedmycheeseWhomovedmycheese Posts: 131Registered User Junior Member
    And to get into college -____- The require final transcripts - so messed up! haha.
  • HopefulEagle86HopefulEagle86 Posts: 1,380- Member
    I don't see the point of Senior year to have fun when we're forced to do more work in school.
    Senior year is, hands-down, the most difficult year of my highschool career. So yeah. I signed up for it though..so I won't complain much. AP testing is just going to be a doozie.
    I could have skipped the last year entirely, worked a tad bit harder junior year, and gone off to college with better math and equal science/writing skills as I will now. The only thing I've learned in the last year is the art of B.S.!! Also, the art of rainbow coloring. :)
  • drpvvdrpvv Posts: 515Registered User Member
    I know. Though I still haven't heard back from my first choice, or such schools, I have gotten into some very good schools (all UC's, lol), and I have pretty much lost my mind over all the busy work that senior year has now become. It's getting increasingly harder to find the motivation to pull through on these last 2 months! Bah.

I spend my time lounging around on FB, CC, and some other websites, playing the Sims, and doing some homework. I usually come home from track at 5:30, eat dinner, clean up, go on the computer until around 10pm, then go to bed and wake up at 3am and do homework. Lazy Lazy Lazy!
    @leafblade1354 - haha! I love it. I think that I needed this year to become better acquainted with things as I've been struggling with family problems..but otherwise..I'd rather drop my AP classes and just self-study!!
    @drpvv - Whoa, you're hardcore. 3 am to do hw? Props, man. I got into the flagship university of my state and will be attending (it's a top 20 for publics) so I'm just sorta lounging around 'til then.
  • lucky2010lucky2010 Posts: 1,465Registered User Senior Member
    I already got into RPI which is a school I'd love to go to anyway so really it's just scholarships to pay for it all. They gave a lot of financial aid so it's only a small amount of scholarships to find.

And CAS hours and IB tests. I just want to pass english and history so I don't have to take them in college, and spanish though most of my schools don't require an extra language anyway so it kinda means nothing.
    some very good schools (all UC's, lol)
    No CSU's? :D

Dude, I intended a week ago to do my homework for the rest of the year. It didn't work :eek:

^Lol, I'm in the lounging state too :P
    What's annoying is that I'd like to shirk my responsiblities and duties and Stick it to The Man. So, I'm trying. I haven't cracked a textbook since...5 weeks ago (date of colllege acceptance). Yet, I am plagued with overachieveryness and have yet to get a B -___- That is some kind of messed up!! I feel as if the quality of my work is on the decline and my grades have hit a plateau. Ah well, I won't question it. Just can't be a badass is all.
  • HopefulEagle86HopefulEagle86 Posts: 1,380- Member
    Whomvedmycheese -> Whodeferredmefromcollege. :D
    XD Nu, I mean that all my grades have been A's and no B's...dang. But nice play on words, yo.
    And the busywork keeps on coming...just got notification of a Govt project :rolleyes: BLEH BLEH MEH
    &#%$, I have to do a Gov project. *headdesk*
    Yes, on a very useless, and extremely busyworkish President. "Create a Presidential Brochure" and then...there is some worksheet on the Department of Housing I have to do. My teaher gave it to me because it was "boring".
    So...great. xD I LOVE boring. How did you know?