Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Do you think he's okay?

FirebatFirebat Posts: 159- Junior Member
edited August 2010 in High School Life
I have a friend who brought an airsoft gun to the last week of school. This caused a code red lock down and he was arrested and jailed. No charges were filed. He wont answer my calls, and his Facebook is all weird now.

Do you think he got rescinded?
Post edited by Firebat on

Replies to: Do you think he's okay?

• TJENGLUNDTJENGLUND Posts: 64Registered User Junior Member
    hes your friend? haha good choice of friends...
  • LaTinaLaTina Posts: 974Registered User Junior Member
    I think he could get rescinded for that since he got arrested and all.

Depends on the school I guess.
  • FirebatFirebat Posts: 159- Junior Member
    It was on the news, and he got into Cornell. I won't say anymore so I can be polite, but this really happened.
  • LaTinaLaTina Posts: 974Registered User Junior Member
    Why did he bring an airsoft gun? What was he thinking?
  • 1000Bpm1000Bpm Posts: 76Registered User Junior Member
    Hmm, it really depends on two things: if the high school reported this to Cornell (if no charges were filed, the counselors phone call would be almost the only way they would know) and if Cornell decides to react harshly to this (which would suck, because airsoft guns are pretty tame).

You won't know 100% till you get it from the source. Keep trying to get in touch with him.
  • porkpersonporkperson Posts: 2,068Registered User Member
    Ooooh yea high possibility
  • BillyMcBillyMc Posts: 7,753. Senior Member
    Hm... Gunn?
  • FirebatFirebat Posts: 159- Junior Member
    No, we both live in Virginia
  • BillyMcBillyMc Posts: 7,753. Senior Member
    Ah, okay. It just perfectly matched your story (I was worried you were the other one in the car), so I asked in a manner that wasn't like "Is his name ______ at _________ living in _______?" Also, there was a gun at Gunn High? That's pretty funny.

Anyway, I think if he was arrested and jailed for something like that, there's a chance the college caught wind of it and rescinded him. I mean, he was a threat to school safety. And a college is a school, too.