Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

AP Stats vs Anatomy/Physiology?

motivated_101motivated_101 Posts: 750Registered User Member
edited August 2010 in High School Life
So I got my schedule in the mail today... and although I was expecting to be taking Anatomy, I was surprised to find that as of now I will be taking AP stats instead. Because I go to a small school, there is only one ap stats class and one anatomy class. I'm kinda interested in medicine so I think anatomy would be fun, and its only one semester which means I could take another class during that block instead.

I've heard ap stats is really boring and kinda pointless, and since I've already taken ap calc bc, and will be taking linear algebra at a university I don't really know if I need to take ap stats...

what do you guys think? AP stats or anatomy

thanks for your help!
Post edited by motivated_101 on

Replies to: AP Stats vs Anatomy/Physiology?

• ApatheticLoveApatheticLove Posts: 282- New Member
    I'd go with AP Stats, but that's just me. Isn't it kinda too late since you already got your schedule?
  • motivated_101motivated_101 Posts: 750Registered User Member
    ^i guess i should've added that. I can still drop/add classes.
  • ozzy3331ozzy3331 Posts: 365Registered User New Member
    Well I plan to go into nursing and I have talked to a couple of colleges about classes and what not. I am taking anatomy and AP stats. Some colleges just require a math credit which can be fulfilled with a calc credit, depending on what you got on your AP test. More anatomy classes would be taken in college so I think it would be more beneficial. Stats is supposed to be easy so I don't think it is necessary. And anatomy is only a semester? Where I go to school it is a full year. Good luck!