Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Raritan Bay Medical Center Healthcare Connections

kesh25kesh25 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
edited March 2012 in High School Student Topics
Hey guys,
I've always been a silent viewer of this forum but I just registered because I have a pretty important question (in my opinion LOL) to ask. Ok, so like every year, Raritan bay Medical center is having a summer program for upcoming seniors this summer as well. It's a five day program where one gets to spend time assisting doctors, learning about health-care professions, and watch a minor surgery. I've always wanted to be a doctor for as long as I can remember and this is a great opportunity for me. However, the application states that they only accept 5-8 students from the state and there's nearly no chance of me getting in. I think my gpa is like 3.7 (unweighted) and i'm taking 4 ap classes this year but there are prestigious schools in NJ and kids from there are most likely to get in. There was a similar program in Robert Wood Johnson last year and I tried to get in but I didnt get accepted so is it worth it for me to try? And also, if any of you have been accepted into such a program before, can you please tell me what they look for specifically and if I stand a chance? Thank you so much and sorry for the length of this :)
Post edited by kesh25 on

Replies to: Raritan Bay Medical Center Healthcare Connections

• GreenrosesGreenroses Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
    hi kesh25, just wondering, did you end up applying last year? did you get accepted? i'm thinking about applying this year, but i'm not sure about my chances. xD

thanks!