Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Looking for clinical experience e.g., shadowing as a high school student for BS/MD

ParallelismParallelism Registered User Posts: 204 Junior Member
I am a high school senior planning to apply to Brown PLME and a few other programs in the fall. However, I am lacking in real clinical experience -- I only have ~60 hours right now from a local hospital. Anyone here have any suggestions as to how I can acquire the clinical experience that BS/MD programs require of their applicants?

Thank you.
Post edited by Parallelism on

Replies to: Looking for clinical experience e.g., shadowing as a high school student for BS/MD

• i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown Registered User Posts: 7,774 Senior Member
    Shadow more? Get involved in clinical research? Volunteer at nursing home? If there is a patient in the room, it could as clinical experience so there are lots of options
  • TheLeftyTheLefty Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    I interned at a Physical Therapy clinic for about a month with a total of 170 hours. Currently, I am volunteering for 15 hours/month at a local hospital. Just look at the volunteer programs at your local hospitals or go to clinics and ask if you can observe or intern.
  • UltimabladeUltimablade Registered User Posts: 585 Member
    CNA/EMT certification would be a good way to do it and get paid.
  • Pooja97Pooja97 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    What is CNA/EMT certification? #Ultimablade
  • LCollege1999LCollege1999 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant, most states you can receive this at age 16. EMT- Emergency Medical Technician if I'm not mistaken, you can usually get this at 18 years old
This discussion has been closed.