Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Is getting a D for a quarter grade going to affect my chances of getting into college?

Tommy0622Tommy0622 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I am a sophomore and I have a D I my biology class due to the fact that I bombed the last test I dropped from an A. This is only a quarter grade and the first quarter I got an A- and the second I got a B-. My parents are freaking out over it and I just want to know how badly will it affect me. I get honor roll every marking period, except this one and the last one (77% in math). Will I still be able to get into a decent college my weighted gpa before the recent quarter was a 4.400?

Replies to: Is getting a D for a quarter grade going to affect my chances of getting into college?

• artloversplusartloversplus Registered User Posts: 7,421 Senior Member
    There will be colleges that will accept you. In order to get in a med school, you need perform well in the College, as close to a straight A as possible. HS grades will not be counted in med school applications.