Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Junior Year Schedule???

haileyhumanhaileyhuman Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
I recently switched schools and last minute have to decide on classes for next year.
Dilemma #1: I want to major in engineering once I get to college so I definitely should take advantage of AP Physics C: Mechanics, (Pre-req. is normal Physics), which wouldn't be a problem if I didn't also want to take AP Chemistry. Fitting this into my schedule is tough and it would look like this:

AP English Language (notoriously easy at my school)
Pre-Calculus (no honors option)
AP Chemistry
Symphonic Band
French lll (Have to take online which will give me a free hour during the school day in case of academic emergencies)
Physics (Will have to test out of government)

I could ditch french to fit physics and a history class in my schedule but I might end up overwhelmed and I want to do very well in all of my classes. Not sure if I want to do that. Which would be more beneficial?

If I don't take AP Chem then I will probably end up taking some form of a history class. (Options are: AP Macro, AP Micro, AP US Gov, AP World)

Or I could just ditch french anyway and substitute it with a real class. (No idea what)

What do I do?

Replies to: Junior Year Schedule???