My D applied EA to Hillsdale and received word today that they have received all required app info from her and her school. Any thoughts on how soon she might get a decision, AND will it contain academic scholarship info or will that take longer to hear about?
She submitted everything more than a month ago. She received 2 letters last week (both dated Nov 4). The first acknowledged receipt of her app and said they were still waiting for transcript and LORs. The second said her entire app package is now complete.
My S1 applied RD and found out very early in April (but it was some years ago). S2&S3, who also applied (EA, but did not attend) found out in January, along with a large financial award. D1 applied ED and found out she was admitted before Christmas though there was no financial award notice at that time.
Hope this helps. Recommend staying in touch with your admissions counselor.
^Thank you, that information is helpful.
I just received the "application is complete and ready for evaluation at next Admin Comm meeting" letter. I am guessing they meet every couple of weeks or so and will start looking for an update then. I was "strongly encouraged" to apply when I had my interview (The interview was fun and I think the comment was sincere). I applied EA, but I really need the scholarship info to make my decision if/when I am accepted. I am hoping the acceptance and $ info is given at the same time? I plan to follow up with Admin Counselor in a week or two. I will be applying other places to make sure I can take advantage of the NMF money if needed.
MomofSB - did D do the tour and interview yet?
Hi Isinglore, yes, she's had lots of contact with Hillsdale. Tour and interview last winter (as a junior), met again with admissions counselor when he visited her school last spring, we attended a Chicago-area Hillsdale reception last spring, and she met again with (new) admissions counselor this fall.
She, too, is NMSF with high stats, so we're hoping for nice merit aid.
Fencersmom, thanks for the sample timeline. I'm not expecting to hear anything until January (but hope springs eternal!).
You'll have plenty of time to evaluate Hillsdale's aid package after acceptance, especially since both EA and RD have the same May 1 acceptance deadline. I would suggest filling out the CSS profile and any other FA requirements early though. (That would go for all colleges, not just H.C.)