Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

AP Psychology.....easy

4point3forty4point3forty Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2011 in History & Social Sciences
Did anyone else find this unbelievably easy. I didn't study at all and absolutely bombed the second essay.

Yet I still got a 5.

What a joke. I feel like I stole the credit I'm getting.
Post edited by 4point3forty on

Replies to: AP Psychology.....easy

• hotTofuhotTofu Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    yeah i feel the same..def the easiest ap taken. i sped through the mc and finished about 30 minutes early. i did study a little though.
  • sd6sd6 Posts: 1,251Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, it was easy. I self-studied the entire course in the 3 days before the test, and got a 5.
  • manu101manu101 Posts: 592Registered User Member
    It was pretty easy. I didn't have to do much outside studying because our teacher was excellent and had us go through Barron's before the AP. Also skimming through Crash Course was extremely beneficial the 1-2 days before test day. I got a 5 :)
  • aGGieENGiNeeRaGGieENGiNeeR Posts: 961Registered User Member
    This from my experience was the easiest AP exam of them all.
  • puggly123puggly123 Posts: 3,500- Senior Member
    Hmmm was the class easy as well for anyone that didn't self-study?
  • manu101manu101 Posts: 592Registered User Member
    ^ That depends on the teacher. My teacher wasn't too hard, nor was she too easy. Her assignments were meaningful, and her quizzes and tests had a good mix of easy-difficult questions. I worked hard in the class, so I managed an A for all 4 quarters. I would ask former AP Psych students at your school for a better picture of the class :)
  • Salve!Salve! Posts: 1,551Registered User Senior Member
    I think people tend to overstate how easy they think the Psych test is. It definitely did require A LOT of memorization and the test was not always just straightforward, here's the obvious answer. I mean, I got a 5 last year, but it wasn't super easy.
  • aGGieENGiNeeRaGGieENGiNeeR Posts: 961Registered User Member
    Sorry if my post is misleading. I did say it was one of the easiest AP exams I took, however you cannot just walk in unprepared. If you pay attention in class, then it will require much less studying when the time comes. If you are self studying, I can see how this test could be a pain due to a bunch of memorization. In my experience, I was exposed to the terms so much in class that I pretty much wasn't worried about the test at all and only used my AP Review book to skim the glossary and make sure I knew the key terms.
  • BMan22BMan22 Posts: 457- New Member
    My teacher was ****, I didn't have a Princeton Review, and I got a 5. I feel like I could've taken that class in 7th grade.
  • mockingbird7mockingbird7 Posts: 108Registered User Junior Member
    I only used Barrons, read it twice, and took the practice exams. That is all I did, and I got a 5.
  • aquamarinaaquamarina Posts: 267User Awaiting Email Confirmation Junior Member
    Yep! I think it'll be the easiest AP I'll ever taken. 5.
  • clemxensclemxens Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    I'm taking Psychology but there is no AP Psych in my high school (just Dual Enrollment.)

If I take this Psych class, would it be possible for me to take the AP exam?