College Confidential

Welcome to the College Confidential message boards!

Not a member yet?

Featured discussions on College Confidential

Do Ivy Educations Lead to Wealthy Depressives?

"Today’s top colleges are so selective that incoming students’ resumes burst with 7-8 AP courses and 9-10 extracurriculars. Kids report cramming so hard that they’re only getting two hours of sleep a night ... They’re bionic hamsters."

Started in Parents Forum by Dave_Berry

Win a $25 Amazon Voucher and Become the CC Star Photographer of the Month on Instagram!

After we went #back2 school in #CCaugust, we now challenge you to go outdoor and capture some of the most unforgettable adventures. DON'T miss out!

My Child Hates College and Wants to Come Home!

It has only been about a week. My heart is breaking because I know he needs to stick it out, but as a parent I am so sad. How can I help him?

Difference Between an Ivy and a Top Public School?

It's the age-old question: are Ivies truly worth the additional cost and academic stress?

Early School Start Time is Bad For Students

The American Academy of Pediatrics recently declared insufficient sleep in youth as an important public health issue impacting academic success.

Started in Parents Forum by coolweather

Advice on Overprotective Parents

Although I am 20 years old and in college, my parents still treat me like I am a child. I'm planning on speaking out to them, but they never want to hear. Please advise!

Started in College Life by Kgarner2

Hook-Up Culture at Harvard, Stanford Wanes Amid Assault Alarm

"... Sex and relationships are always tricky terrain for college students. Those arriving this year are finding schools awash in complaints and headlines about sexual assault."

Started in College Life by Dave_Berry

Links to Popular Financial Aid Info Threads

Below are a few links to popular threads regarding financial aid. Please let us know if there are other threads you would like us to consider adding!