College Confidential

Welcome to the College Confidential message boards!

Not a member yet?

Featured discussions on College Confidential

Links to Popular Financial Aid Info Threads

Below are a few links to popular threads regarding financial aid. Please let us know if there are other threads you would like us to consider adding!

Weddings? Babies? Now College Kids Are Registering for Gifts Too

"Move over brides and expectant moms: Now college-bound kids want to be showered with gifts also. Gift registries ..."

Started in Parents Forum by Dave_Berry

Do Admissions Committees Routinely Google Applicants?

My husband and I have a bit of a disagreement. I think the admissions committees don't have time to routinely check applicants, but he is appalled and argues the opposite. What do you think?

Started in Parents Forum by usernamelm

WSJ: Effects of Student Debt Persist for Decades

Even 24 years after graduation, students who borrowed more than $25,000 are less likely to enjoy their work and are less financially and physically fit...

8 Free Smartphone Apps to Solve Common College Issues

"Here are eight apps that can help you navigate college from a social, academic and health-related angle."

Started in College Life by CCadmin_Lydia

10 Tips to Rock Your Brand New School Year

"Here are 10 tips to help you manage your workload, make the best use of your time and get the greatest return on your educational investment."

Little Evidence Found That Academic Mismatch Alters Graduation Rates

“The idea that you can just get kids into fancier schools as a solution to low graduation rates is almost certainly a mirage.”

12 More Things You Have to do Before Going Off to College

"Sometimes we can forget something — minor or crucial — because we’re so excited, nervous, scared or in shock."