College Confidential

Welcome to the College Confidential message boards!

Not a member yet?

Featured discussions on College Confidential

Colleges with the Best Alumni Networks

What would you say are the colleges with the strongest alumni networks? Not necessarily the amount of clubs, but networks that provide real opportunities for job-seeking graduates.

Started in Parents Forum by ReadyToRoll

Student Banned from Areas of Campus for Resembling Classmate’s Rapist

"A student at a liberal-arts school in Oregon was reportedly banned from going anywhere on campus that a fellow student would be—because he looked like the person who had raped her."

Son Could Get into Ivy, but Refuses. What to Do?

We have a very academically talented son. From reading the CC boards, it seems he could get into an Ivy League, but he refuses. What should we do? We hope that the CC community can educate us parents on our thinking errors.

What Are the Top Sports Colleges Recruit For?

Despite many Google attempts, I couldn't find any info to answer this question. I presume the top sports are football, basketball, and soccer, right? What next? Swimming? Track and field? Is there any data out there?

Started in Parent Cafe by Sweetnerd

Will the College System Collapse?

It seems like colleges have become more and more like businesses, in that they're all about appearance and making money. Will this whole system collapse?

Started in Parents Forum by JackCW

The Idealized College: Does It Exist?

It appears that there are some idealized college/university characteristics that forum posters seem to like for undergraduate study, but hardly any institution offers. How possible would such a college be?

Started in Parents Forum by ucbalumnus

University of Michigan Spends $16K on Campaign to Warn Students to Watch What They Say

'Words declared unacceptable through the campaign include “crazy,” “insane,” “retarded,” “gay,” “tranny,” “gypped,” “illegal alien,” “fag,” “ghetto,” and “raghead.” Phrases such as “I want to die” and “that test raped me” are also verboten.' …

Eating Disorder at College: Parents Advice

Our daughter has a history of serious depression, disordered eating, and substance abuse stemming from an undiagnosed learning disorder. We don't know what to do and are hoping some parents with experience in this can offer some advice.

Started in Parents Forum by cathrineholm
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM