Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Subject test scores and general discussion

13»

Replies to: Subject test scores and general discussion

• noragonnoragon Registered User Posts: 352 Member
    haha iamthebist, those are amazing scores for your first go. When I did SAT2 math II I found it hard !! (720-->780).
  • priceless13priceless13 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Got 770 in Math 1 and 770 in Math 2 .My first attempt.One more year to go before I apply in 2013 .So no complaints.
    Should I retake this test next year or is 770 adequate ?
  • Tizil7Tizil7 Registered User Posts: 1,686 Senior Member
    Which test are you talking about? Math I? No. Math II? Definitely yes. It's easy to get a 800 on Math IIC, especially considering the generous curve and our CBSE/ICSE background.

And if you are thinking of applying to any technical college you would be better off taking a subject test in the sciences to complete the requirements. However, if you are more of a liberal arts type of person, you could substitute this subject test with a humanities subject test. But remember, most universities will only consider one of the Math scores, not both.
  • priceless13priceless13 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Thanks.I took both math subject tests.Will take phy chem next June or so.
  • jater12jater12 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    @tanArch31

Actually I am a sophomore
  • IRBCobaltIRBCobalt Registered User Posts: 448 Member
    Not that i can do anything about it now, but would a Math II have helped my case more? I took Chem and Lit (750,700). Are they both taken as 'soft subjects', (like in India)?
  • karan11295karan11295 - Posts: 406 Member
    I think math 2 and physics should be considered 'soft' due to the curve. lit. sure isn't soft.
  • IRBCobaltIRBCobalt Registered User Posts: 448 Member
    Hmm...But do the admissions people think so? :O Thanks Karan, i feel better :)
  • noragonnoragon Registered User Posts: 352 Member
    I find it amazing how everyone on this website gets 800 on SAT math 2 !!! I mean it is soo much harder than the reasoning test.
  • akashdipakashdip Registered User Posts: 728 Member
    noragon are you an indian? if not then you should perhaps get the fact from now onwards that indians can solve tougher math problems than they can solve the easier one. and im not joking at all.
13»
This discussion has been closed.