Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Commonapp extracurricular

mechrockzmechrockz Posts: 266Registered User Junior Member
edited January 2012 in India
Out of my extracurricular activities the one, that stands out for me is my sport, table tennis. My past nine years with table tennis have got me a lot more than just medallions, certificates, and awards. This sport taught me the significance of some of the most fundamental values in life- hard work, teamwork and leadership .I remember a match of the state team championship, my team was two matches down and one more loss would have resulted in team’s elimination, at that point I realized no matter how well ‘I’ play, and how fiercely I defeat my opponent, we are not going to win, unless we outperform them as a team. That’s what a team sport is all about, as a team member I don’t train day in and day out, just for my own sake but for the sake of my team. It is sport, which strings a diverse group of people together having nothing in common but a goal. My hard work and effort for the sport didn’t just culminate in making me an accomplished player but also made me an accomplished person.
Post edited by mechrockz on

Replies to: Commonapp extracurricular

• mechrockzmechrockz Posts: 266Registered User Junior Member
    bump...... no one has an opinion.
    Plzz hoping for any reply just 'any'
  • Tizil7Tizil7 Posts: 1,686Registered User Senior Member
    Sounds good :)

Edit: I believe that only productive advice is good advice. However, since you expressed your willingness to settle for "any[thing]", I posted the first thoughts that came to my mind.
  • mechrockzmechrockz Posts: 266Registered User Junior Member
    Hoping for good reply from now on.Now may I demand a detailed analysis and explanation from u Tizil7 and every1 else
  • Nikita0812Nikita0812 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    Adcoms don't necessarily want to see a student do everything from sports to academics to volunteering to research work and what-not. They don't want a well rounded student, they want a well rounded student BODY. When you express your passion for one thing and not a number of things you did just so they'll look good on paper is what impresses the admission officers. I think you're definitely on the right track.