Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Class 12 CBSE Reference Books

anvesh95anvesh95 Posts: 302Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2012 in India
Hey guys,

sorry for posting this on here, doesn't have anything to do with college apps. :P

I was wondering which books you guys used to study for class 12 cbse, like which ref books are good (Comprehensive[LP],Pradeep,Dinesh,Modern ABC, etc..). Not for quick revision, but for like actual topics with complete in depth teaching.

THanks(:
Post edited by anvesh95 on

Replies to: Class 12 CBSE Reference Books

• idream17idream17 Posts: 286Registered User Junior Member
    I'm gonna start 12th too but I know some good ones.
    Organic chemistry - OP Tandon
    Numerical chemistry - P Bahadur
    Physics - HC Verma
  • IRBCobaltIRBCobalt Posts: 448Registered User Member
    Don't miss out on SL Arora for physics. It's insanely good, and I haven't opened my physics textbook the last two years, coz SL is just SO comprehensive!
    It takes hold of every topic in depth, and you understand all the dimensions of your topic, not just that one paragraph covered in your textbook. Okay, basically, I cannot stress enough on how good I found it. :D
  • akiettaakietta Posts: 114Registered User Junior Member
    Physics-S.L Arora, Problems HC Verma or Irodov[if you are serious].
    Chemistry-Pradeep and chemical numericals by Mukherjee
    Maths-R D Sharma, Topper learning papers, SL Loney all types of book, Higher Algebra,
    *If you are weak in Maths then get Basic Mathematics of Serge Lang, Springer [Rs.500]
    *If you are weak in Physics get conceptual Physics of Hewitt.
    ----You can get this all books from Flipkart.com at much reasonable rates.
    I buy all my books from above site.
    you can also try Junglee.com India's Amazon to buy books that are not available here.
  • anvesh95anvesh95 Posts: 302Registered User Junior Member
    im not focused on aieee or iit prep. just want books for the cbse board exams. reference books/ sample papers.
  • IRBCobaltIRBCobalt Posts: 448Registered User Member
    ML Khanna for maths. It's a little tough, but will stand you in good stead!

Also, I would recommend that you buy the Together With (question) books for all your subjects, coz each of them contains chapter-wise lists of questions- textbook qs + past qs from the last 20 yrs ke board papers + a separate list of tricky/important questions + HOTS questions, as well as about 20 sample papers + AI board papers for the last 3 years + the current year's CBSE sample papers.
    And, short notes for every chapter.

In the end, I think cracking the Boards is all about practice, and the TW books give you plenty of that!

Hope this helped, all the best! :)
  • Tizil7Tizil7 Posts: 1,686Registered User Senior Member
    Has anyone here used the Resnik and Halliday books for Physics? They are pretty good for conceptual stuff :p

VMC modules help as well. Though I wouldn't know anything ;)
  • idream17idream17 Posts: 286Registered User Junior Member
    I use Halliday for Physics. I find it more useful for AIEEE/JEE prep than board prep, though.
  • anvesh95anvesh95 Posts: 302Registered User Junior Member
    I got Comprehensive for Chem and SL Arora for Physics. I have RS Aggarwal for Math.