Thanks for your reply Tizil
* What will you do in the gap year?
Prepare for ISEET or JEE/AIEEE and other entrances along with SAT
(I've already had a shot at JEE and AIEEE this year. I had coaching for it in XI and XII but things didn't go well enough unfortunately)
* Does best of four mean your best three? Does best of five mean your best four?
Its like a de-facto among the ISC/ICSE students to quote percentage for the highest marks secured in say three subjects + English (in XII) and four subjects + English (in X). I think universities consider the overall score but I wasn't sure about it..
* What would you like to major in?
* Also, if you can afford to pay ~$55k for the first year, Berkeley allows you to apply for merit scholarships from the second year onwards.
Way beyond what I can afford
* Your SAT scores are only part of your application. Don't forget your essays count for a major part of your application.
This might have been covered earlier, but I would appreciate a reply concerning my case in particular. Even though higher is better, what should be a decent baseline score (taking into account my ECs) for the above mentioned Universities?
Are we given some essay prompt for the application or we're free to chose our own? What about Letters of Recommendation?