Please evaluate-Fall 2013 | MS/PhD | Embedded Syst/signal proce] |GRE 315 | 8.65/10 |
Hello, I'm final year student of B.tech with honors in Electrical Engineering from IIT Hyderabad .
I'm interested in MS/PhD in Embedded Systems/Signal Processing
GPA - 8.65/10. Topper's GPA - 9.12/10. (My last 3 sem CGPA = 8.4)
GRE - V - 150, Q - 165 = 315
My grades in signal Processing courses are very bad. Networks and Systems - 6/10 and digital Signal Processing - 5/10, speech Signal Processing - 9/10. I am taking one more course this sem Image & Video Processing. Hoping for a good grade and project in it.
But grades in every other course are really good.
Work experience - 2 months internship at Qualcomm (VLSI - Semiconductor memories)
Research Project -
1) B Tech Thesis (Linguistics and Information theory)
2) Mini Project (Speech Signal Processing)
3) Research project - Nagoya University Japan (Signal Processing)
4) Research project - A star, Singapore under NTU prof (Speech Signal Processing)
5) Course project - Digital System design + FPGA
Publications: Will be submitting one paper (5th project mentioned above) to international journal and one (4th project mentioned above) to international conference. Chances of acceptance are very less. Hoping for the best.
1) "JENESYS Scholarship - Industrial visit to Japan": Was among the top 3 in first year in Electrical department chosen for this programme
2) Among top 1% in India in Indian National Physics Olympiad (InPhO)-2009
3) Among top 1% in state Maharashtra in Indian National Astronomy Olympiad (InAO) -2009
4) Secured All India Rank 31 in Science Olympiad -2008 conducted by SOF
Please evaluate my profile for following universities:
I] US -
1) Harvard University
2) University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
3) Carnegie Mellon University
4) Princeton University
5) Cornell University
6) Yale University
7) University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
8) Columbia University
9) University of Texas at Austin
10) University of Chicago
11) University of Michigan
12) University of Pennsylvania
13) Purdue University
14) University of California San Deigo
1) University of Cambridge
2) University of Oxford
3) Imperial College London
If you can, please recommend me other universities also... You can suggest me anything regarding improving my profile or Universities. All suggestions and comments are welcome.
Thanks in advance!