Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Applying for a transfer to IVY(S)

PurePotentialPurePotential Posts: 1Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in India
Hello everyone !
I am new to College Confidential.
I have heard that this website is a brimming source of knowledge and that, the people here will assist any potential candidate to get the college of their choice.

I have been through some articles(mainly on the Home page of the website) although I have a lot to ask and discuss. :)

I am doing my undergraduation (B.Commerce-2nd year at present) from India and I am pursuing the professional degree for Chartered Accountants simultaneously.

I am aiming for an exciting course in Business Management and for the very same purpose I have decided to prepare myself for the premiere Ivy League.

I attended the best school in the country and intended to go on with my undergraduate learning experience abroad.But due to my own ignorance I didnt take any tests (at the right time) (SAT,ACT). I am aware that ignorance is no excuse, but I have managed to get brilliant scores in CBSE for both, 10th and 12th.
I still look upto getting admission as a transfer student and I am here to discuss any insights that might help me achieve it. I am a believer and I believe in infinite possibilities.

Thank you sooo much for your help(in advance). :)
Post edited by PurePotential on

Replies to: Applying for a transfer to IVY(S)

• dasadhikarikdasadhikarik Posts: 97Registered User Junior Member
    You'll need 2250+ SAT scores, letters of recommendation, extra-curriculars at the national/international level, well-written/interesting essays, and even if you have all of these, you have less than a 1% chance of making it. They might take, what? At the very most 10-20 transfers worldwide? You can't really "prepare" yourself for this either, you've either built up these things, or you haven't.

Which college in India are you in, incidentally?