Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Finite m118

collegelovecollegelove Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
I am a freshman this year and a direct admit to Kelley. I also am in Hutton Honors College and have some merit money. I somehow have a D in M118 and the midterm is tomorrow. If I cannot pass this class, will having a "Withdraw" look bad on my transcript? Also, if I choose to take this class at another college over the summer, is there a website I can check to see which schools the credit will transfer over to IU?

Another question- When the school looks at GPA to determine if you still qualify for your scholarship, do they check first semester grades or just the year's cumulative?
Post edited by collegelove on

Replies to: Finite m118

• bthomp1bthomp1 Registered User Posts: 1,530 Senior Member
    Automatic scholarship renewals are based on your gpa at the end of Spring semesters.

"A student must maintain a cumulative program GPA of 3.0 at IU. Scholarship renewal eligibility will be reviewed on an annual basis at the end of each spring semester. There is no mid-year review.*"

Renewal Criteria for Automatic Academic Scholarships: Automatic Academic Scholarships:Office of Scholarships: Indiana University Bloomington

If you are borderline, do whatever you need to do to keep your scholarship, if you really need the money. A "W" in finite won't look bad on your transcript, since you are already in Kelley, and has no effect on gpa.

Build as big a gpa buffer as you can your first two years, when you have a lot of options to take higher grading courses, sections, and summer school classes at community college that will not be figured into your gpa. Junior year you will likely be taking a lot of classes with no grade inflation (regular Icore; upper-level Kelleys), when most everybody's gpa falls a bit. Keep your gpa above the minimum requirement through the spring semester of your junior year, and you will get the entire eight semesters of automatic scholarship eligibility.
  • 3ajeeb3ajeeb Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    You can take Math 118 or Math 119 at Ivy Tech, I'm pretty they will transfer to IU since the final exam at Ivy Tech is from IU.
This discussion has been closed.