Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Will I really not get in without a pre-calc/trig/calc credit?

lyssacakeslyssacakes Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
I'm a prospective theatre major with truly stellar stats otherwise (above median GPA and ACT scores, great extra curricular activities and recomendations, took all AP and Honors courses) but I have only take Honors Algebra, Honors Geometry, and Advanced Algebra. Will they truly reject me solely based on the new math recommended courses?

Replies to: Will I really not get in without a pre-calc/trig/calc credit?

• socaldad42socaldad42 Registered User Posts: 849 Member
    I suggest calling admissions and asking them. You can always take a community college math class 2nd semester this year to qualify. Call
  • lyssacakeslyssacakes Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I have already emailed admissions, but if they do not get back to me prior to Thursday (I am visiting IU for the second time that day) then I suppose talking to someone while I am there would be a good idea. My problem is that my high school counselor did not notify me of these changes until after I had submitted my application, so I'm a bit worried.
This discussion has been closed.