Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Likely sending in app and transcript tomorrow

JTownatpJTownatp Registered User Posts: 152 Junior Member
I know the priority date is November 1, so I am in a rush to get everything out. Once I receive my SAT scores tomorrow, I will send those to Indiana too. If everything but the SAT scores gets to IU before the priority date, will I be considered as applying before then? Thanks.

Edit, I am retaking the SAT on November 5 and would like the score to be considered instead of the October one. I see in the acceptance thread that decisions are made pretty quickly, would it be smart to wait until after the priority date to apply so I am sure they review the higher SAT scores?
Post edited by JTownatp on

Replies to: Likely sending in app and transcript tomorrow

• socaldad42socaldad42 Registered User Posts: 849 Member
    What are your current stats, what school are you applying to, and are you instate or OOS. This info will help others offer an opinion...
  • JTownatpJTownatp Registered User Posts: 152 Junior Member
    Home schooled
    3.6 GPA
    Probably 1860-1920 SAT on first take
    Applying as an Econ major
    if you have an 1860 already, you do not need a retake for admission purposes. You can always resend a higher score later for scholarships. 1860 with a 3.6 will get you in. Do you have the new math requirement?
    I'm sorry, what is the new math requirement? Thanks
    you need to take calculus, precalc, or trig. You can read about it on other threads
    Oh, no I haven't and am not taking one of those before college. Does that drastically affect my chances? Looking at the website, I will have 10 credits in Social Sciences, (4 more than they require) would that make up for a math deficiency?
    Just read another thread on it, seems like they will still accept you but you have to complete the course. If I was accepted, I believe I could take it either in the Spring semester, or the Summer.
    I think they will allow you to take it Next semester....
    Okay, thanks a lot for the help and making me aware about the Math requirement. Saved me a potential hassle.
  • bthomp1bthomp1 Registered User Posts: 1,530 Senior Member
    Submit your IU application online today or as you can and that will probably count for applying by November 1. Then send your other materials as soon as you can.
This discussion has been closed.