Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

SSA Application Question

bowlingdolphinbowlingdolphin Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I'm a Kelley Direct Admit and I got the official acceptance letter in the mail dated December 3rd, but I haven't received any word on a SSA application and there isn't a link in my Onestart account. I have a 30 ACT and 4.55w/3.85uw GPA, my friend who is also a direct admit to Kelley got a 28 ACT and slightly lower GPA, but she had access to the SSA application on her onestart.
I got $5k a year from the Deans Scholarship, but that's all that's showing up for me in onestart. Should I email IU about this? Or wait until another letter comes in the mail? How long did your SSA application letter come after your acceptance letter? I really want to make IU happen but if I can't get any more type of aid from then it's just not going to be possible.Please help!
Post edited by bowlingdolphin on

Replies to: SSA Application Question

• rrahrrah Registered User Posts: 1,657 Senior Member
    Call the Office of Scholarships or the Admissions office. As I understand it based on reading other threads here, the SSA was due on 12/1.
  • MichhoosMichhoos Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    Yes, call the Office of Scholarships. If you got a scholarship, you should have the link to the application in your Onestart account. The SSA deadline for you is NOT 12/1; according to the website, to be considered for the top $ scholarships you would have to have filed it by 12/1. However, you still have the possibility of a smaller scholarship if you complete the SSA. Last year, my daughter missed the priority date of 12/1 and she still got a small direct admit scholarship.
This discussion has been closed.