Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Micro-Fridge Rental

IllinoisMom2006IllinoisMom2006 Posts: 879Registered User Member
Does anyone have any knowledge of, or experience with, the company IU uses for fridge rental? Their website is: www.IndianaFridges.com

We are thinking that rental might be the way to go, mainly to avoid having to lug 2 bulky appliances back and forth from home.

The deadline is 7/30th to get the reduced rate of $129. If you can split the cost with your roommate, the price doesn't seem too bad.

Any thoughts?
Post edited by IllinoisMom2006 on

Replies to: Micro-Fridge Rental

• CalcruzerCalcruzer Posts: 4,832Registered User Senior Member
    Yeah, we used this place last year. Having a mini-fridge in the dorm room was real convenient. They drop it off, put it where you want it in the dorm, and it's perfect for fitting a microwave on top--and in my son's case, also a blender on top of that. (He's a real banana smoothie and power drink lover).

It certainly beats having to leave your room everytime you want to get a cold drink.
  • IllinoisMom2006IllinoisMom2006 Posts: 879Registered User Member
    Thanks for your response, Calcruzer. I think we will probably sign up for one.

Does anyone else have anything to add?
  • SusantmSusantm Posts: 2,188Registered User Senior Member
    My son also used one his freshman year. It was convenient, and it worked well. He had no complaints.