Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Scholarships, grants, etc. for Spring semester

gaillegaille Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
I am currently enrolled and have financial aid for the Spring semester but was wondering where and how I can get scholarships for the Spring semester. Is this possible or should I have applied beginning of the school year?
Post edited by gaille on

Replies to: Scholarships, grants, etc. for Spring semester

• IllinoisMom2006IllinoisMom2006 Posts: 879Registered User Member
    As a freshman, any IU scholarships that you were eligible for without a special application would have already been awarded to you for the 2010-2011 school year. In our experience, the scholarships are split in half and awarded by the semester. Any Hutton or departmental scholarships that you qualified for, that required a separate app, you would have been notified of close to your time of acceptance by the University.

If you check out the IU Foundation website, you'll see that their scholarship applications are only available in the spring for disbursement the following school year.
    Indiana University Foundation - Scholarships and Awards This info doesn't help you now, but next spring you should apply for these.

It is possible that there are some private scholarships out there that make semester awards, but I think it is unusual. This link provides links to a lot of scholarship search engines: Office of Student Financial Assistance : Scholarships - Scholarship Search

To be sure that you are getting good advice, you should call here:

Office of Student Financial Assistance
    blfinaid@indiana.edu
    812-855-0321

Good luck.