Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

IUP Anyone??

momfirstmomfirst Posts: 131Registered User Junior Member
Anyone out there that can give some info on IUP? We visited, liked it, but would like some "inside information" if there is anyone who can help us out!
Post edited by momfirst on

Replies to: IUP Anyone??

• jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    I currently attend IUP now. What do you want to know?

I'll check back later.
  • cockatielcockatiel Posts: 107Registered User Junior Member
    What is the best thing about IUP?

My son is interested in applying to the Honors College. The blurb he received in the mail made it look like a great place for someone with an inquiring mind. How is the IUP Honors College?
  • More CowbellMore Cowbell Posts: 118Registered User Junior Member
    Does anyone have an idea what the acceptance rate is for the honors college? The IUP website has a lot of information on the program but I couldn't find that. Thanks.
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Any questions about IUP, pm me. I will help you as best I can.

I am familiar with the Honors Programs and some of the Honors College.

If you want to apply for either, especially the Honors College, apply early!

I didn't know about the Honors College till it was way too late. But I know some people who are in it, and they have shared some of their insight about the college with me. Also, I don't know the acceptance rate for the Honors College, but it's highly selective, so apply very early.

There is also a Honors Program for Business majors. You can apply to it as a freshman. The other programs in the various fields of study, have honors programs that can't be applied to until the end of the freshman year.

I'll check back more often. It'll probably be between 6PM EST to 1 AM EST. on most days if you want to message me.