Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Should I take AP Physics B with my schedule?

k89rw5k89rw5 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
I am currently registering for classes for my senior year next year. I am in the IB program, and will be HL-ing in 4 classes next year- including chemistry. I am SL-ing in spanish, and then on top of that taking AP stats. My schedule will be pretty loaded. I need to take physics, but I am not sure on how much work or how hard AP physics B is. I am debating on taking that, or just honors physics. I was just wondering if anyone who has had the class has any advice, or if anyone in general has any imput on the subject? Thanks so much.
Post edited by k89rw5 on

Replies to: Should I take AP Physics B with my schedule?

• Jphu8414Jphu8414 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
    This might be just for my school, but the AP Physics program is fairly intensive and I seem to get alot of homework (I am also in the IB program by the way)
    However, I think it depends on what type of student you are, if you think you are good at Physics and can handle a class that is math intensive, then try it.
  • KaerozeKaeroze Posts: 300Registered User Member
    I have to take physics this year along with the IB program and it was a choice between either Pre-AP or regular instead of AP or IB(We have both), because they don't want us to be bogged down by all the other work I receive in my classes. I'm kinda glad it's a REALLY REALLY easy class because it means I don't have to worry about the class or grade vs. all the other IB classes. But if you can handle it, go on ahead, physics is basically math with science names.
  • k89rw5k89rw5 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    okay, thanks guys! I ended up just registering for honors. I figure if its easy enough, and I can just transfer up.
  • thelingualatinathelingualatina Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    I'm going through AP B right now, and I have to say, it is really not so bad. My school doesn't offer IB courses, so I don't know how busy your schedule is right now, but if you're good at algebra and don't mind nightly assignments that aren't too lengthy, Physics B is not so bad. If you feel secure in your honors class, I recommend you bump up. Good luck!