Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Advice on IB Classes I'm Taking

ballerinazballerinaz Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi, I'm doing half IB and half AP classes this year (junior year). I was wondering if anybody could give advice on how they attained a 6 or a 7 on the following IB exams:

-IB HL I European History/IB HL II World History
-IB HL English
-IB HL Spanish (the language I'm learning)
-Ib SL Chemistry

Replies to: Advice on IB Classes I'm Taking

• Chips99Chips99 Registered User Posts: 191 Junior Member
    I got a high 6 on HL English Literature! Assuming that's the exam you'll be taking, I suggest becoming familiar with the rubrics for each paper if you can find them (I know some of this stuff can be tricky to find so ask your teacher for help if you need to) and really studying up on the little details of the works you read over the year(s) - themes, symbols, first person vs third person, use of language... and as you read the works, try to make connections between them so you have some ideas you can build on during the exam!
  • ChoukaChouka Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    My son(American/French) has a high school diploma as well as a French baccalaureate OIB. Yet, his college is not giving him any credit or AP classes. Have anybody experience the same problem? Any Idea on what he should do? I know that OIB and IB are completely different but it seems that there is a problem in the USA to have any kind of recognition for those very high demanding programs...
  • VickiSoCalVickiSoCal Registered User Posts: 1,857 Senior Member
    US colleges publish exactly what tests and scores get credit for IB and AP. Note you won't get credit in the same subject if you took both tests.

Not all US colleges give such credit.
  • RebeccaJayRebeccaJay Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Buy the Past Papers with markschemes and do them. You can consider Question Banks as well.
    Also studying the asessment criteria in detail helps a lot.