Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

CSULA Fall 2017

MA economics 2017MA economics 2017 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited July 10 in International Students
Fall semester on doors and I'm still waiting for acceptance letter from CSULA? Could anyone advise how much time the university need to send their decision? I believe that student visa need at less month? ( MA Economics Fall 2017)

Replies to: CSULA Fall 2017

• b@r!umb@r!um Registered User Posts: 10,130 Senior Member
    Getting a student visa on a month's notice is cutting it very very short. You might have to wait more than a month for an appointment, and there's additional things that need to happen before and after.

When did you apply? Are you sure that your application is still getting processed? (Normally graduate applications are due at least half a year before the program start date, and decisions communicated well ahead of time.)
  • aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 8,038 Senior Member
    Have you contacted the university to see if they ever received your application?
  • MA economics 2017MA economics 2017 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! Thank you for your response!
    Actually I received my official acceptance letter July 11 , and I applied for I-20 immediately but when I called the international students office they told me they didn't receive my name on the student list yet So I'm still waiting for that..
  • b@r!umb@r!um Registered User Posts: 10,130 Senior Member
    Thanks for letting us know how things turned out!

Congratulations to your acceptance. I hope that everything works out for you.
  • MA economics 2017MA economics 2017 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah! I'm so glad things go really smoothly! Hope it will complete like this to the end! Now I'm waiting to receive my I-20 in order to process with my student visa