Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Foreigner friendly liberal arts colleges in Asia

artificiallyartificially Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello fellow students,

I'm currently enrolled at the Trinity College of Duke University in the International Comparative Studies program. In the end of my freshman year I got seriously interested in East Asian culture and now I'm pondering whether to transfer to a foreigner friendly college in East Asia. Any recommendations about nice (liberal arts) colleges in Asia? :)

Replies to: Foreigner friendly liberal arts colleges in Asia

• paul2752paul2752 Registered User Posts: 4,422 Senior Member
    The concept of liberal arts is unique to USA(or maybe some European countries), so I doubt it.
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 24,811 Senior Member
    It probably makesmore sense for you to arrange a semester or year long study abroad through Duke. Your advisors in your current program shoukd have oggd ideas about that. They also will. Have good leadsfor you whenyou atrat thinking about grad school.

Even if you were to find an LAC equivalent in East Asia, you need to think about where you could get a job with that degree once you had graduated.
  • International95International95 Registered User Posts: 1,559 Senior Member
    NYU Shanghai may be your best bet, but I'd recommend you stay put and study abroad for a year.