Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Any nigerian

OlascoOlasco Posts: 191Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2007 in International Students
hi is there any nigerian in CC applying to universities this year. i would like to start a thread where we disscuss about tpps.
Post edited by Olasco on

Replies to: Any nigerian

• wengerism_007wengerism_007 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    yep naija here.
  • OlascoOlasco Posts: 191Registered User Junior Member
    So there is a nigerian.Wow.I have a lot of questions for u. first do u school in lagos. also wat did u get on your SAT and SAT2.Wat schools did u apply to.Let us discuss and trade ideas.
  • wengerism_007wengerism_007 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    i previously schooled in lagos, i'm currently in the US attending a CC hoping to transfer to a top school in the near future
  • switchswitch Posts: 114Registered User Junior Member
    Hey guys

I'm not applying to colleges this year (already done that). So, I'm a freshman (at Amherst College). I'll be happy to answer whatever questions you may have as best I can (and more importantly, as often as I can).

I know how hectic this period can be especially for international students. So, shoot!
  • maddy_01maddy_01 Posts: 873Registered User Member
    bump this thread up!

Im also a nigerian. Ive been on for a while but I've never seen any nigerians here.

Lets form a community of some sort... Am in lagos....

Where are u guys? and what schools are u applying to?
  • tuoyo00tuoyo00 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    nigerian here oo!....also skulin in lagos and in the same shoes wiv maddy00... so how are the applications going?
    uhmm I am done with all my applications... Most likely the case for everyone else.
    hi guys sorry i haven't ben able to post.I have been going to school for the past 2 weeks(I am still in secondary skul).I skul in Lagos also. I can give u guys my stats and the universities i am applying to
    SAT:1370/1960
    MATH:730 CR:640 WR:590
    Class rank:4/46
    Although my stats are not that mad I applied to some v.good skuls
    Princeton
    Columbia engineering
    Lehigh
    Vanderbilt
    Middlebury
    Vassar
    Wesleyan
    Hamilton
    Grinnell
    MIT
    Those are all the uni I am applying to.I hope that we could furnish each other with Info.
    my stats arent great either...

SAT 1340/1980
    Math: 710 CR: 630 W: 640
    SAT2: Phy -720 M2 - 670 Chem: 730
    My former school doesnt rank but top 5%

Schools

Princeton
    Yale
    Columbia Engineering
    Rice
    Rensselaer
    NYU
    Trinity
    Univ of MAryland, Col. Park

Olasco, if i may ask, what Secondary school are u in? and hope u did SAT2s because its required for schools ur applying to.....
    I am in Whitesands school. I also bid SAT2 and i failed. I got
    M2:660
    BIO:610
    The schools u applied to are nice.I am sure u have a chance of getting into them.
    if you see other people's stats on this site....you would want to die....like they all have some amazing scores here.

Besides for PRinceton, you'll need three of those SAT2s, did u try re-taking the SAT2s?
    I can't because I do not have much time.My bro in Georgetown told me it won't really matter if my other application materials were very good.I also have a problem with some schools which are requesting my waec.But i am re taking SAT1 in jan.
    well this is a longshot but i think I know your brother....lol

Did he get like 20something in his SATs and he got a mad scholarships from one of the schools he applied to....they like offered him return ticket every year or something....?? just a question though...

Anyways, yeah about the WAEC issue, your school is meant to send a form showing predicted results of the WAEC exam to the schools. Do u knoe the form I am talking about?

My advice would have been to retake the SAT2s as your SAT1 is ok.... What is you gpa so far in school? (the high school transcript is actually the most important factor for most schools so your brother is right)....and then your extra-curricular achievements. You know we dont care much about these in naija, but apparently, US schools care.
    Yup all the info u said about my bro is corect.How did u know him.Anyway I wil try to retake my SAT 2