Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Best universities in Europe that are not in the UK.

SK.Enzo-_-SK.Enzo-_- Posts: 5Registered User New Member
Hey everyone!

I'd like to know what is/are the best universities for college in the following cities. They must teach in the English language.

Paris
Zurich
Brussels
Prague
Frankfurt or Berlin
Stockholm
Oslo

having a foreign language is fine for me but I wouldn't want to be lectured in a language I'm completely new at. I do study Spanish in GCSE (pre IB) though. :)
Post edited by SK.Enzo-_- on

Replies to: Best universities in Europe that are not in the UK.

• S33DS33D Posts: 858Registered User Member
    University of Oslo?
  • extinctionextinction Posts: 109Registered User Junior Member
    Frankfurt or Berlin?? would Bremen do? there's Jacobs University Bremen there...completely in english medium....and whats more is the need blind application procedure...
  • b@r!umb@r!um Posts: 9,282Registered User Senior Member
    Frankfurt and Bremen are better than need-blind because they don't charge tuition at all (or at most 500 Euros per semester), but they usually teach in German... I would be surprised if any of the above universities used English as the primary language of instruction.
    Sorry, I meant Berlin, not Bremen :)

And after re-reading your post I realized that I misunderstood you.

I don't think there are any "English-speaking" universities in Frankfurt or Berlin. The American University of Paris teaches mostly in English, but a few courses that are required for graduation are taught in French (probably because they want to motivate students who live and study in France for four years to learn French) - at least according to Wikipedia.
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 1,489Registered User Senior Member
    Would you consider Ireland? They will teach in English of course.
  • pearlygatepearlygate Posts: 581Registered User Member
    is munich uni using english?
    Nope. They probably teach a few courses in English (most German universities do) and they might offer a few English graduate programs, but the vast majority of courses are taught in German.
  • SetarkosSetarkos Posts: 45Registered User Junior Member
    International Students have to pay a tuition fee since they don't pay German taxes. Don't know how much though.
    Not true. International students at German public universities pay exactly the same tuition fees as German students, usually between nothing and 500 Euros per semester.
  • o-la-lao-la-la Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    In France, international students' tuition is between 0 and 5,000 euros per academic year.
    Sorry, you're right b@r!um.

Here is a list of courses taught in English at the TU Munich. But only Master's degrees.
    TUM - Internationale Studiengänge
    In Heidelberg Molecular Biosciences and MSc International Health are taught in English.
  • ril5384ril5384 Posts: 91Registered User Junior Member
    The American University of Paris is a small, homey university. I really like it here.
  • GuiltyBystanderGuiltyBystander Posts: 1,586Registered User Senior Member
    What about the University Colleges in the Netherlands?

(Amsterdam, Utrecht, Middelburg, Tilburg...)
  • haikumarukuchanhaikumarukuchan Posts: 1,795Registered User Senior Member
    I heard Swiss colleges are top-notch